saddlebags for 1200 sporster - what would you recomend?

johnyboy

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
just got this sportster, and am after some saddlebags. what you guys using, and what saddlebag support rails?

Attachments

• $(KGrHqMOKpIFGu7!v!5hBRyv7JopOg~~60_57[1].jpg
    $(KGrHqMOKpIFGu7!v!5hBRyv7JopOg~~60_57[1].jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 174
None...it's a Sporty....get with the programme..:D Throw-overs for when you really do need to carry shit....and a bed-roll bungied to the bars...for that authentic "man-of-the-road" look......:augie

Ortlieb throw overs, or Wolfman.... Top loading, waterproof easy..

And it messes with people's heads...:thumb

Avoid the leather stuff, it'll leak and you'll need liners which will double the cost. In addition, unless you are a Gaucho, you'll look :ymca even if you avoid studs and conchos.

Avoid the sportster hard panniers, they are tiny and entirely useless in their shape. In addition they are completely against the Sportster ethos and you'll look like a wannabe Glide rider.

The throw over supports are worth the money and don't make the bike look crap. After that any throw overs will work. If you must buy HD ones then a company called SAC makes some decent nylon ones, but I'd be looking at Ortleib or Kriega :thumb

tassles & medallions

Here is mine with the bags off my son's Drifter, had the supports so gave them a try.
sportster saddlebags.jpg

Its still for sale.

Kriega look good. Prob go bike show at NEC and see what is about

Just into my possession....a set of inexpensive panniers to suit....£50 plus post or collect......also a "touring" saddle/seat which I'll gather info for later...

photo2_zps9c1bcc75.jpg

photo1_zpsc400f0a4.jpg

thanks for the offer, but a bit to fancy for me.
is the seat a proper one for the pillion? the current one is a little tiny

j

Back
Top Bottom