Have you girls put ya bikes away for winter ?

I've had two Harleys over seven years and racked up many tens of thousands of miles on them. The last one was sold in 2007. I used them both in the winter months, no heated grips fitted. It's just a bit labour intensive keeping them look good.

I'd be amazed if you could protect a Harley when salt is on the road without it taking a lifetime to clean and polish it.
Share your wisdom though I'm eager to learn! :thumb2

The HP2 is now laid up, until March.:( But I'll be riding the GS and XC all through winter.:JB

Just renewed the road tax on the Harley. Why put it away :nenau

Just renewed the road tax on the Harley. Why put it away :nenau

Because it's a tad tricky to ride at the moment.....:augie

image_zps3d4672b3.jpg

Yep, will be riding mine all year round!!

I sold mine for the winter. It will be well cleaned and buffed up in that time. I will buy it back in the spring. :D

I sold mine for the winter. It will be well cleaned and buffed up in that time. I will buy it back in the spring. :D

For £2k less when he gets all impatient like....

it may well be a keeper this one im even liking the beach bars more comfortable than my last set must be the bend shape it picks up and goes well all credit to melch for getting a well sorted bike

ride every day. Put the heated jacket on this week for the first time this 'winter'. Only day I won't ride is when it's snowing or there's heavy ice out, in which case it's a cab to work. Good kit means I'm warm and dry whatever the weather.

wrong country then ...?

Sort of.......I like Australia...have family there..got married there...and generally love the ( majority) attitude to life.... But there's a very limited market for my peculiar skills...:D so it's a place to visit not live.

I like it here in the UK....for the most part...with handy access to Europe too :) Just that winter depresses the fuck out of me.

On the other hand, the US is growing on me.......:D

I really dont get people putting their bikes away for winter!!! It 15 degrees no sign of winter or salt.....agh

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Have you girls put ya bikes away for winter ?

No! The Harley becomes the winter hack.

Cleaned both the GSA as well as the R80ST on sunny Saturday and filled them up plus fuel additive. Not yet ugly weather but so close to the alps not much winter riding. Still have the DR350 for the few days in winter and a bike week on Tenerife mid December. So yes I am a girl.

written on the not so smart phone, so please excuse typo

I'd be amazed if you could protect a Harley when salt is on the road without it taking a lifetime to clean and polish it.
Share your wisdom though I'm eager to learn! :thumb2

It is a road you will have to walk alone and learn for yourself as I did young Skywalker, remember to use the force :)

Back
Top Bottom