Have you girls put ya bikes away for winter ?

Captain Black

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I have :D
Put an optimate on and flung a cover over it.

I'm bet ATT is still out on his though..... :bow

Use mine all year round... Carb icing stopped me last year for a week or two, but apart from that if it's dry , cold and sunny it's good for a ride...however, I will avoid snow, ice and rain if possible... but that's because I'm old, knackered and have a Landrover for that sort of shit..

Mine is however a snotter, and salty roads will make no difference to the snottyness..

If I had something decent, it would be tucked up from November till March....

Both my KTM and summer car will be sorn'd from the start of November. Don't care what the all weather rufty tufty types say, when you invest £15k in a nice bike, why destroy it riding through crap weather. Been there, got the T shirt and it doesn't keep me as warm and dry as my other car does through the dark days of winter.

Looks like 20-22C and mostly sunny for the w/e here, so no.:D

Away for winter

Fragile finish Harleys and Triumph packed away for winter, robust finish Honda promoted to riding choice. Although nice and sunny (mostly) yesterday the roads were very sh--ty bike looked like it had been sprayed with mud. Got to clean it now!

Still 26 to 28c down here. Get mine out most days.....the bike that is :D

"Posh" one in garage...."daily rider" now in shed for "make-over"....Sporty slathered in ACF and promoted to ready-rider.......I fucking hate shitty roads.....

Will it still be Purple, is the chrome going?, what about the USA flag on the Dash..... is it gonna be 111cu...... c'mon, c'mon.... this i know won't be a "hammerite" make over ala Twizzle......

We need pictures, reports details....:thumb2

I put mine away for winter every time I ride it...

But then a sunny day beccons... and I unplug it.. push it out of the garage and ride it.
(I'm even on it at work today)

I expect to do this at least once every two months over here in NL.

I only ride it in the wet when I'm on trips.. summer on winter... Why get it dirty when I get to work quicker on my Scooter anyways...

Al...

at the first sign of salt

Same here. Even when it warms up and the roads are dry the salt dust or brine gets all up under the bike and is corrosive as heck. Unless you wash thoroughly after each ride. I do leave the DR650 ready though then just give it a quick hosing after taking it out.

Covers off the fatbob this morning, looks pretty dry up here in the great City of Mancunia so I'm wrapping up and hitting the road to the hills. :bounce1

Why put your bike away because it gets a bit colder. I thought BMW developed heated grips and heated seats for the cold. I won't ride if there's ice and snow on the roads, but I quite enjoy riding over winter, it's rather pleasant going to biker meeting places that aren't full of the summer glamour queens and motorcycle fashionistas.
All three of my bikes have heated grips and are used all year, although I do think I'll be riding my Trophy 900 more over the winter just because of the big fairing.

Why put your bike away because it gets a bit colder. I thought BMW developed heated grips and heated seats for the cold. I won't ride if there's ice and snow on the roads, but I quite enjoy riding over winter, it's rather pleasant going to biker meeting places that aren't full of the summer glamour queens and motorcycle fashionistas.
All three of my bikes have heated grips and are used all year, although I do think I'll be riding my Trophy 900 more over the winter just because of the big fairing.

I don't think people are arsed about cold hands, I'm not because I'm a rufty tufty ( club member) GS rider...:blagblah

It's more I think a question of SALT!! And Corrosion.

You feck a good Harley in 10 mins riding it through salt city that's for sure. :(

I've had two Harleys over seven years and racked up many tens of thousands of miles on them. The last one was sold in 2007. I used them both in the winter months, no heated grips fitted. It's just a bit labour intensive keeping them look good.

Back
Top Bottom