Adventure Pannier Liners 99p each

Mad_Accountant

Reaction score
Yes I have the official BMW liners which came with the free accessories deal and I would probably use them on a tour....

In the meantime I am using my old faithfuls - Tesco's Jute shopping bags. (Mine are the cute ones with Ladybirds on the sides). They fit the metal panniers perfectly.

They were 99p each when I bought them and have outlasted my last three GSAs - I cannot recommend them highly enough for day to day use.

Changing the subject - Hexhead GSAs can no longer be found on the BMW website, they have been replaced by the LC GSA and all prices are "Tba"

End of an era, I guess they are pretty well sold out now.

:bow

Mmm, im glad i got one of the last of them then :D;)

Me too! I missed out on the run out deal on the standard 1200s and wasn't going to make that mistake again.

The timing caught me out bigtime as I had only recently bought an F650GS on BMW finance so I ended up with two bikes on finance!

The F650 sold very quickly so I was only temporarily embarrassed and I'm absolutely loving the Triple Black. I'm sure the LC will end up as the better bike, BMW don't generally go backwards, but it's more than I want tied up in a bike at the moment and the TB is everything I could want in a bike.

What I really REALLY want (weren't the Spice Girls cute?) is the time to ride her.....

BTW well done on all the IAM that you do, splendid chap.

Enjoy the bike

Mmm, im glad i got one of the last of them then :D;)

Me too! ..and at a sexy price with all the goodies which I am sure will not be the case for the new GSA LC - mind you it does look trick in the pic's so it's only a matter of time for us all!!

Best start saving for the inevitable.

Me too! I missed out on the run out deal on the standard 1200s and wasn't going to make that mistake again.

The timing caught me out bigtime as I had only recently bought an F650GS on BMW finance so I ended up with two bikes on finance!

The F650 sold very quickly so I was only temporarily embarrassed and I'm absolutely loving the Triple Black. I'm sure the LC will end up as the better bike, BMW don't generally go backwards, but it's more than I want tied up in a bike at the moment and the TB is everything I could want in a bike.

What I really REALLY want (weren't the Spice Girls cute?) is the time to ride her.....

BTW well done on all the IAM that you do, splendid chap.

Enjoy the bike
Thanks for that, there arent many who have got anything good to say about the IAM. Probably because they are all riding gods,who dont need any sort of training...........................The countrys Cemeteries are full of them :eek:

Thanks for that, there arent many who have got anything good to say about the IAM. Probably because they are all riding gods,who dont need any sort of training...........................The countrys Cemeteries are full of them :eek:

When I returned to riding in '91 I did a Born Again course - I had a ROSPA Gold instructor to my self from 10.00am to 5.00 pm on 13 !!!! consecutive Sundays using a variety of BMW demonstrators (and their fuel) mostly K75s though. After that I went to IAM and passed car and bike in '94. I have nothing but good to say about IAM, without the training I doubt I would be here today.

So well done you (I am not an Observer as all my spare time is taken up as a St John Ambulance volunteer)

Phil

When I returned to riding in '91 I did a Born Again course - I had a ROSPA Gold instructor to my self from 10.00am to 5.00 pm on 13 !!!! consecutive Sundays using a variety of BMW demonstrators (and their fuel) mostly K75s though. After that I went to IAM and passed car and bike in '94. I have nothing but good to say about IAM, without the training I doubt I would be here today.

So well done you (I am not an Observer as all my spare time is taken up as a St John Ambulance volunteer)

Phil

I passed the new IMI assessment last year and qualified as a National Observer. A very nerve wracking experience, 4 hours with a former bike cop and Staff examiner for the IAM. I just like too contribute something back into road safety and if it helps save one life then its worth it.:thumb
PS before the cynics start posting a load of bollocks, it doesnt make me any better/faster or anything else, except SAFER. :D

I passed the new IMI assessment last year and qualified as a National Observer. A very nerve wracking experience, 4 hours with a former bike cop and Staff examiner for the IAM. I just like too contribute something back into road safety and if it helps save one life then its worth it.:thumb
PS before the cynics start posting a load of bollocks, it doesnt make me any better/faster or anything else, except SAFER. :D

Once again, well done.

I was recently watching a documentary about the late great Joey Dunlop, who was killed aged 48 racing a 125 in (I think) Estonia.

One of the contributors at the end of the program made a comment along the lines of "all those racing miles, all those years of experience and it just took one mistake"

Yep !

Well done mate, Sunday morning I have my assessment to see if I'm ready to start training to become a Observer.

Safe Smooth n Systematic. :thumby:

PS wish I'd bought one of the last twinks rather than the LC.

Well done mate, Sunday morning I have my assessment to see if I'm ready to start training to become a Observer.

Safe Smooth n Systematic. :thumby:

PS wish I'd bought one of the last twinks rather than the LC.

Good for you and good luck with your assessment. The more the merrier. Sadly I'm not a good enough rider to be a trainer, I may take it on as a car observer sometime.

Also very happy with my TB end of the line deal. ( and an IAM observer - agree with all the positive comments above. BTW if you want to get a higher IAM riding qualification than standard pass you can now go for First then masters, so its not all about progressing by becoming a trainer). how you guys with new GSA's doing on oil consumption - mine has used almost 3l in first 6000 miles ?

Also very happy with my TB end of the line deal. ( and an IAM observer - agree with all the positive comments above. BTW if you want to get a higher IAM riding qualification than standard pass you can now go for First then masters, so its not all about progressing by becoming a trainer). how you guys with new GSA's doing on oil consumption - mine has used almost 3l in first 6000 miles ?

Mine has never used enough to require topping-up between changes (NB that's not to say it hasn't used any oil - just that the amount used has been less than the 1/2 litre or so it takes to go from Min to Max on the sight glass).

Mine has never used enough to require topping-up between changes (NB that's not to say it hasn't used any oil - just that the amount used has been less than the 1/2 litre or so it takes to go from Min to Max on the sight glass).

I've used 2 litres and am due my 6000 service on my 2012 GSA.

Does the title of the thread mean anything to you lot, utterly disgraceful if I say so myself.

Better put a smiley here or you might be offended :)

Does the title of the thread mean anything to you lot, utterly disgraceful if I say so myself.

It's just that IAM lot, proving that they are unobservant and can't focus again :D

Since it was the OP that changed the subject, i reckon its got fuck all to do with you. If you dont like the way the thread is going DONT READ IT ! Simples.:hide :augie

Back
Top Bottom