Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FJR

Oh Yes.... Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Marshall View Post
    Out again on it today!
    So nice to ride a bike without a slipper clutch. Just hate the feeling in the lever on the new bikes.
    Decent rear shock will be fitted if I find the suspension too soft. However, no real complaint with the standard setup.
    Will see what it's like with the wife on the back. Probably be OK as she is only 9 stone. Plus, not allowed to go too fast with a passenger.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    Nice looker Nick...
    Perfekt ist nicht gut genug.

UKGSER-A place where I've wasted so much time, learned so much, laughed a lot and cried a few times.

Every bed of roses has pricks in it!

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe

New bike

Oft used word but in this case true, timewarp machine Nick. Im sure it will be as comfy as a comfy thing two up.

Steve

Beaky Farkler Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Somewhere between Gap and Moisac (France) in 2007.
    This was myu Dutch bike when I lived over there. The trip was Assen to Hoek then ferry to Harwich (rough).
    After collecting a few friends it took me to The Bilbao ferry (very rough! ).
    Then we went from Bilbao across the Pyrenees into northern Italy from where I rode back to Assen in pouring rain over two days

That bike was awesome but alas the engine was a "ticker" so I sold it when I left Holland.

At the back end of 2008 I bought this one and kept it until my dodgy hips made it too much to handle on the driveway.

They are a truly wonderful bike!

I changed the rear shock on both bikes; I had a second hand Ohlins unit on the blue one but the Wilbers unit I bought for the grey bike was even better. The Bagster comfort seat on the blue bike was really good so I bought one for the grey bike......... which wasn't

I believe that for 2016 they have finally added that much sought after 6th gear

On a whim went to test a Tenere , saw the Fjr demonstrator and thought why not. Always really wanted a Bmw Rt but with fixed mirrors no way will it traverse our ginnel . Have had one of these ere Fjr on me bike fanciers radar for awhile.

Spoke to sales guy and took the big girl out for a few hours. Returned it glowing and signed up for a bog standard model,should arrive 24th April.

Bmw R bikes since the nineties, loved em warts and all.

Time for a big 4 cylinder love affair

Name:  IMG_0636.jpg
Views: 247
Size:  102.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by andrewgsadv View Post
    On a whim went to test a Tenere , saw the Fjr demonstrator and thought why not. Always really wanted a Bmw Rt but with fixed mirrors no way will it traverse our ginnel . Have had one of these ere Fjr on me bike fanciers radar for awhile.

Spoke to sales guy and took the big girl out for a few hours. Returned it glowing and signed up for a bog standard model,should arrive 24th April.

Bmw R bikes since the nineties, loved em warts and all.

Time for a big 4 cylinder love affair

Name:  IMG_0636.jpg
Views: 247
Size:  102.5 KB
    Happy new bike Andrew

Where'd you go to have a demo ?
    As the great philosopher Keating once wrote " Life is a rollercoaster, you just gotta ride it!" ------Amen

My current stable of "adventure bikes"
    2009 Guzzi V1200 Sport 8v Triple Black..my weekend sex kitten
    2014 VFR1200X Crosstourer Highlander DCT Camo.. my big trip missile

My BMW history, all gone but not forgotten. K1 , R1100GS, R1150GS, G650 XChallenge, R1200GS TB

A great choice and complete worry free riding totally unbreakable. I too am leaning towards the multi-cylinder world.

Hi Rushy, CMC Chesterfield. They have the all singing model with esa type suspension. This bike just feels right for me. Very sad to see my old bike moving on as I have had 42,000 miles of good times on big Gert. No storage room to keep 2 bikes.
    Have provisionally prepped routes for rideouts for Dent , Buxton do and Bills, so loads of riding to get in on the new one. Can hardly contain my excitement.

Maximum Mayhem Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Just out of curiosity, what do you guys get for 'real world' fuel economy. It never fails to amaze me how I can get high 50s mpg pottering around on the 1150GS and still get mid 40s fully laden at motorway speeds.
    I could see an FJR as an albeit totally different but viable alternative if/when I decide to replace the GS.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

2k R1150GS '05 MX-5 1.8
    Ok, so I could only be young once; but I can be immature forever!

Quote Originally Posted by buellzebub View Post
    Just out of curiosity, what do you guys get for 'real world' fuel economy. It never fails to amaze me how I can get high 50s mpg pottering around on the 1150GS and still get mid 40s fully laden at motorway speeds.
    I could see an FJR as an albeit totally different but viable alternative if/when I decide to replace the GS.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk
    Only had mine just over a week but so far very low 50's. Very mixed riding with a fair bit of motorway "making progress" to get it home. Trip is now saying 53. but will need to fill up next time to check.

cheers

Markie

We run a late 2014 FJR1300AE, 5-speed with ES, after enduring a lost season with a problematic 2012 K1600GT SE.

Love the bike, although it's rather low tech these days. Does what it says on the box, capable of 140 fully loaded on the Autobahn, & does around 55mpg touring in the Alps last year. We fitted some Metzler Roadtec 01s recently, which make the handling feel far more sporty than the OE BT023s.

At running in rpm bike is doing low 50 to 54 mpg. Really enjoying this bike so far 500 miles over last weekend. First service next week, then Dent weekend and a trip to North Wales . Missing the 2010 GSA but no room for two though.

Click here to find out how to remove these ads

Got one at work that, as it happens, I spent all day on today. The motor is a peach and pulls like an aeroplane on take off ..

See you at Dent Andrew ..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12