ACF 50

A little tip. Warm up the bottle of ACF50 before using it. I also warm up the spray gun with a hot air gun. Thins down and sprays better when it is warmed up.:rob

For those of us without a compressor to hand, while a little steep, the aerosol version works great, after sitting the can in a bowl of boiled water for a couple of minutes!

Right can somebody tell me if ACF 50 from an aerosol can is safe on rubber? I was wondering as if you put a bit on a rag and wipe it on rubber the rag turns black, i was wondering if the propellant was the problem?

Just thinking out load really!

Right can somebody tell me if ACF 50 from an aerosol can is safe on rubber? I was wondering as if you put a bit on a rag and wipe it on rubber the rag turns black, i was wondering if the propellant was the problem?

Just thinking out load really!

ACF-50 is good for rubber, preventing it from cracking or drying out.
http://www.allyearbiker.co.uk/ACF50_Technical_Data.html

But,

Safe on paintwork, most rubbers and brings up black plastic trim a treat.
http://www.acf-50.co.uk/motorcycle.htm

Another daft question here, once you have sprayed the bike with ACF-50 can you still ride it later if needed ?? or is it just for the winter bike lay up ?

Another daft question here, once you have sprayed the bike with ACF-50 can you still ride it later if needed ?? or is it just for the winter bike lay up ?

The idea is that you ride it. DO NOT WASH THE BIKE. Let all the muck and grime build up on the ACF layer.

Come springtime, wash it all off. The ACF protects the bike underneath all the crap. Apparently old Brit bike riders used to do similar with vaseline.

Another daft question here, once you have sprayed the bike with ACF-50 can you still ride it later if needed ??

At it says on the tin... it might smoke a bit from boiling on the header pipes.
Did a spray test on my bikes yesterday, then we ride them for a few miles...
If any of you saw a couple of beemers producing massive amounts of stinky withe smoke at traffic lights in north London yesterday night... it was me and my mate. :aidan
But I didn't really wipe it around properly.

A little tip. Warm up the bottle of ACF50 before using it.

Sensible advice.

I was using the aerosol spray can yesterday... and while applying it looks like the psychomagnotheric slime from Ghostbusters II :D
I was expecting a finer mist, like WD40.

acf.jpg

ACF-50 will run off and leave a right old mess if applied too thick. The thin coat that's left does not really attract much dirt. Its not intended to be ever removed just top it up from time to time.

But where its visible, any stuck dirt is easily shifted with a half decent cleaner like Gunk or Jizer. Muc-off is alkali - not good on aluminium. Mine came up nice with turtle wax solution.

Dont forget to do under the petrol tank and beak. There are steel subframes under there that get layered with salt and will go rusty. Try to fit the Adv tank empty. With a good fuel load, it's all but impossible. Heavy of course - and the bolt holes don't line up.

Back
Top Bottom