New Sena 20s Bluetooth Intercom with FM tuner

Mine are here:bounce1

Will unpack and start pairing up with various devices later

Installed into both helmets last night. Easy to do. However, setting up is not so intuitive. The menu system seems like you need a PhD and using it on the fly with pushing/turning scroll wheels and phone button etc will take some getting used to. Rode to work this morning listening to the radio and it's as clear as crystal and could be very loud if desired. The BT intercom is equally clear and the range is startling. Haven't had time to figure out the integration of GPS, Mp3's, phone calls etc, but it does do them all in quite a slick way apparently. The quick guide app for your phone from the android/app store is an invaluable download! Anyway, the whole lot will be put through their paces in 2 weeks as we head to the Pyrenees. You can charge them off of the bike, but I've bought an Anker juice box (reduced from £100 to £29 on amazon) which I'll charge from the bike as we ride and then in the evenings, use the juice box to recharge senas, ipad, phones etc since it does it in super quick time.

Got an email today, they "Sena" say they sent it on the 13th, and now are saying they cant track it, don't know where it is, and they are sending a new pair out, seems funny they don't seem bothered that £400 quids worth of kit has just "gone missing" :eek: more like they haven't sent the blooming thing in the first place, still as long as it gets here I suppose I'll have to just sit and wait for you lot to tell me how great it is and what I'm missing!! :nenau

Mind you if the first pair turn up as well as the second set, I'm going to do something I would never usually do and keep shtum about it!! :augie

Got an email today, they "Sena" say they sent it on the 13th, and now are saying they cant track it, don't know where it is, and they are sending a new pair out, seems funny they don't seem bothered that £400 quids worth of kit has just "gone missing" :eek: more like they haven't sent the blooming thing in the first place, still as long as it gets here I suppose I'll have to just sit and wait for you lot to tell me how great it is and what I'm missing!! :nenau

Mind you if the first pair turn up as well as the second set, I'm going to do something I would never usually do and keep shtum about it!! :augie

Better not tell you mine came this am then.........

Anyone tried updating the 20s using the Sena bluetooth device manager software yet?

Glad it's not just me! I downloaded the SENA bluetooth device manager, installed it but couldn't get it to recognise the device. Tried with Mac and PC, both headsets, both cables, no joy. Logged a call with SENA.

Yes....and failed....gave up....

I'll try again when I feel stronger......

Glad it's not just me! I downloaded the SENA bluetooth device manager, installed it but couldn't get it to recognise the device. Tried with Mac and PC, both headsets, both cables, no joy. Logged a call with SENA.

Same....let us know what they say please....

From Sena:

"Hello Martin,

The current Sena Device Manager doesn't have the 20S system incorporated in yet. There would be a release of a new Sena Device Manager that will have the 20S in it. There also isn't any firmware update for the 20S yet.

So don't bother yet:thumb2

also, couldn't find the smartphone app on the Applestore - the Android one is there, but maybe not the IOS version.

Still, got it paired up last night.

1) iPhone 5s to SENA. worked first time, works for phone and music
2) Zumo 590 to SENA, worked first time, now got sat nag commands. I could have paired the phone to the sat nav then the sat nag to the Sena, but I might want to listen to music when I don't have the sat nag with me, so paired separately.

Tomorrow I'll try an iPod classic with bluetooth dongle, and the intercoms after mounting into a Shoei Neotec.

In a word Grrrrr :( AND I've to go out tomorrow so probably wont be in when they try and deliver it!! :nenau

I'm sat here hypnotised by your fekkin riveting daily updates. Fuck me Betty !

What the fook are you gonna be like when it's fekkin delivered eh?

Last edited:
From Sena:

"Hello Martin,

The current Sena Device Manager doesn't have the 20S system incorporated in yet. There would be a release of a new Sena Device Manager that will have the 20S in it. There also isn't any firmware update for the 20S yet.

So don't bother yet:thumb2

also, couldn't find the smartphone app on the Applestore - the Android one is there, but maybe not the IOS version.

Still, got it paired up last night.

1) iPhone 5s to SENA. worked first time, works for phone and music
2) Zumo 590 to SENA, worked first time, now got sat nag commands. I could have paired the phone to the sat nav then the sat nag to the Sena, but I might want to listen to music when I don't have the sat nag with me, so paired separately.

Tomorrow I'll try an iPod classic with bluetooth dongle, and the intercoms after mounting into a Shoei Neotec.

So why is it that the first thing you see when you open the packet is a slip saying 'update NOW'? Knobs!

Quite often companies will press go on hardware production while the software guys are still working, provided the hardware is flash programable of course. It's due to component sourcing and factory lead times and they're attempting to get units to market quicker than waiting for the software to be perfect.

- Outsider

IT HAS ARRIVED AT LAST!!!! :D and about bloody time, a few unpacking pictures to follow, but I suppose most of you will have seen the contents already!!:banghead: Timofee, bolax young man Bolax!! :dabone

Quite often companies will press go on hardware production while the software guys are still working, provided the hardware is flash programable of course. It's due to component sourcing and factory lead times and they're attempting to get units to market quicker than waiting for the software to be perfect.

- Outsider

....and the 1st release of the software will be bug ridden :D

Back
Top Bottom