New Sena 20s Bluetooth Intercom with FM tuner

ebbo

Reaction score
http://senabluetooth.com/product/intercoms/20s/

20S_19-main-500x362.jpg

Features

Bluetooth 4.0
Industry first dual Bluetooth module communication system
Audio Multitasking™: advanced audio management of intercom, phone, music and FM radio (patent pending)
Advanced Noise Cancellation™
Versatile bike-to-bike conference intercom
Intercom working distance up to 2.4km (1.5 miles)*
HD Quality crystal clear and natural sound
Intuitive voice prompts and commands
Built-in FM radio tuner with a station scan and save function
All-in-one helmet clamp kit
Quick Bluetooth pairing
Universal Intercom™: intercom with other brand communication systems
Water resistant for use in inclement weather
Firmware upgradeable
Peace of mind – thanks to the two-year warranty

No idea on price, but Sena were quoted as saying they'll be available to order from the end of 2013 and expect shipping to customers to start 2014.

I've certainly got my eye on these and can't wait to see some reviews and trials, especially if they'll pair with Scala G9s.

Excellent. Hopefully it'll pair with a different model of Sena.

I e-mailed Sena yesterday to see when these are going to be available, got a reply today:-

"Many thanks for your mail and interest in 20S.

According to information from yesterday, 20S should be launched towards the end of February/early March. I guess we will have some delay, but let’s say it will be available when the real season starts, also in the UK.

If I can be of any other help, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Best regards,

Bengt Sjöberg

Sena Technologies, Inc.
Motorcycle and Outdoor Activities Products"

E-mithered them again today. I've had a swift reply:-

Since my last mail in January there have been some updates and planned launch is now early Q2, though this may still be changed.

I spoke to our UK importer as late as yesterday and as soon as we can confirm availability I am sure they will order 20S.

If I can be of any other help, please feel free to contact me directly.

Best regards,

Bengt Sjöberg

Sena Technologies, Inc.
Motorcycle and Outdoor Activities Products

Doesn't appear much has changed really?

seem really keen to do business I can't see them selling lots with that sales pitch. JJH

Sena 20s web page is now saying that they will be available in April..

I will be getting one soon as they are out.

Does anyone have a link as to where to purchase from please :thumb

See Mr Mobile...US site now says...

Latest ETA update from Sena as of 12th March : ETA is now end of April

They show a price of $339....

Quite a few UK sena dealers if you google it.

Have the smh10 great bit of kit
Very tempting to upgrade;-)

See Mr Mobile...US site now says...

Latest ETA update from Sena as of 12th March : ETA is now end of April

They show a price of $339....

Quite a few UK sena dealers if you google it.

Rang my dealer today who rang the supplier who advised him release date in the USA is now expected to be "Late May/early June" & the UK will be "Some time after that".

I'm now torn between a Sena 10 or a Scala with FM radio.

Dont want to wait much longer myself, Does the firmware update to the Sena 10 allow it to have
Universal Intercom™: intercom with other brand communication systems like the 20 s ???

thats the main function I need really, I can live without the radio :thumb

OBxx11 said:
Does the firmware update to the Sena 10 allow it to have
Universal Intercom™: intercom with other brand communication systems like the 20 s ???

It does.

From Sena's website: http://senabluetooth.com/universal_intercom/

"The Universal Intercom feature is provided with the new firmware upgrade of the current products, such as the SMH10, SMH10R, SPH10, SPH10H, SPH10H-FM, SMH5 and the SMH5-FM as well as all upcoming new products."

That's Firmware v5.0 for the SMH10, and I've just updated mine :thumb2

I've been chasing Sena for a fair bit now, seems they don't really have a clue when they will start distributing the 20's, I am tempted by the firmware updates to the 10 that enables communication with a different make device, though only one apparently!! :(

Your Sena spears to the non-sena device as a phone, so they can't also use a phone/GPS whilst universally paired with your Sena. I was grabbed by the headline universal pairing but after reading the manual can't see me ever using it as mates wouldn't want to give up their phone/GPS whilst we were out

Think I'm going to give up on the 20 & buy a 10 in the next day or two.* Just need to decide which variant.

* The good news for the rest of you is that the day after I shell out for the 10, the 20 will go on general release, probably at half the price of the 10. ;)

Think I'm going to give up on the 20 & buy a 10 in the next day or two.* Just need to decide which variant.

* The good news for the rest of you is that the day after I shell out for the 10, the 20 will go on general release, probably at half the price of the 10. ;)

That's what I did. Got fed up of waiting for the 20s. UK prices were quite high for a dual pack though (north of £300) so I bought from an American site called perf-moto. It worked out cheaper to buy the 2 main modules and then the 2 clamps I wanted (1 with boom and earphone connection and the other a normal type one for the wife's full face). There didn't seem to be a dual pack available with two different types of clamp so I'd have had to fork out about £300 for a dual set and then bought an additional clamp of the other style.

Total price, including shipping to UK was £229. I meant that I didn't get a charger and everything came in separate packages but for over £100 saving I was happy and I didn't end up with a redundant clamp of the wrong type.

Your Sena spears to the non-sena device as a phone, so they can't also use a phone/GPS whilst universally paired with your Sena. I was grabbed by the headline universal pairing but after reading the manual can't see me ever using it as mates wouldn't want to give up their phone/GPS whilst we were out

That should be fine for rider pillion comms tho, saves me having to buy a pair of SMH10s as I already have another BT headset:thumb

Best place to purchase a SMH10 in UK anyone please ??

Thanks... Dave

I paid £300 this morning for a twin Sena SMH10R (fitted) & £400 for a Shoei Neotec at a place in Lincoln that also does mail order.

01522 543438. www.globalbikeonline.com

244 Newark Road, Lincoln LN6 8RP - behind the Esso petrol station.

Back
Top Bottom