Romania - temp insurance cover

dxtans

Reaction score
Hello,

Looking at heading over to Romania for a couple of weeks next year. Noticed my insurance comapny ( ebike), does not have that country listed as EU coverage. Does anybody know where I can get short term insurance ?
Wating to hear if BMW Insured Warranty (ext) covers Romania, hopefully they do .

Thanks

DT

Hello,

Looking at heading over to Romania for a couple of weeks next year. Noticed my insurance comapny ( ebike), does not have that country listed as EU coverage. Does anybody know where I can get short term insurance ?
Wating to hear if BMW Insured Warranty (ext) covers Romania, hopefully they do .

Thanks

DT

Do ebike mention any countries, as IIRC they say you are covered for any member of the EU.......?

Romania is in the EU!!

Territorial Limits
Great Britain, Northern Ireland, Isle of Man, Channel Islands, any other Country which is a member of
the European Union, Norway, Switzerland, Iceland, Croatia, Andorra and Liechtenstein!!!

So you are covered no problem!! If you come by Brasov - feel free to give me a shout!

Now i haven't read your policy but being a budget insurance my guess would be that the cover will only be 3rd party ;)

And for future record ALL polices have to include this for the EU. Getting like for like cover is a different kettle of fish :rob

Ebike have two insurers - the Ageas Insurances one gives you full cover in Romania , it looks like the Southern Rock one only gives you third party cover - best check which insurer your policy is with and if southern rock have a chat with ebike to move you to Ageas Insurances. If you threten to go elsewhere they should do it without any hassle.

OK, so here we go,
I am covered for breakdown recovery and insurance 3rd party(only) whilst in Romania
For BMW ext warranty assit, I am covered, but may have to pay a surcharge to to BMW-Romania if I call them in that country, which is refunded via BMW UK.

So will proabably look around to get fully comp whilst in Romania for the duration

Thanks
DT

try a carol nash for your renewal next year- groupama provide cover everywhere... get an online quote then negoiate it down
breakdown cover - you cannot do better than adac.de - 79€ a year covers you - no issues with age of vehicle. pan euro cover.....

try a carol nash for your renewal next year- groupama provide cover everywhere... get an online quote then negoiate it down
breakdown cover - you cannot do better than adac.de - 79€ a year covers you - no issues with age of vehicle. pan euro cover.....

If you buy insurance from CNash why bother with ADAC? CNash policies include an adequate breakdown policy.

Hello,
So after googling and emailing I have not had any luck in securing a temp fully comp insurance for Romania.
Does anybody know of a company that does this.

Thanks
DT

David,

(1) Does your current fully comprehensive policy restrict cover to just third party anywhere else outside of the UK?

(2) Does your current fully comprehensive policy grant comprehensive cover within the EU and certain other nominated countries, like Switzerland and Norway?

If the answer to (2) is 'Yes, my policy offers fully comprehensive throughout the EU"..... Then ask your broker why, as Romania is in the EU just as much as France and Italy are, the cover is restricted in Romania.

If the answer to (2) is "No, my policy is fully comprehensive in the UK but restricted beyond the UK's border to just third party", why are you worrying about just Romania?

Report back with answer.

PS Good luck with buying short term 'Fully comprehensive' motor insurance for your motorcycle from someone in Romania. If you do manage it, good luck with pursuing them for a claim for your stolen bike / broken handle bars and broken pannier, all in Romanian.

Hello Richard,
Nope fully comp all EU that are contained in the Territorial Limits, this does not include Romania and a couple of other countries.So chased this up again with my insurance, re: third party for Romania only, but apparently I can now pay to get full comp cover in Romania.
Third party is do to with some liability issues. Don't know to much about that. But looks, like I am covered now, just got to coff up £26 . Must read the small print in future. Bit embarrassing really considering I work in the insurance industry !!
David

Very odd.

Never mind, £26 has fixed it.

Just make sure your current policy does not expire before you go next year, or you'll be paying £26 again :D

See you soon.

Cheers,

Richard

Back
Top Bottom