insurance advice...for south america

Status
Not open for further replies.

arunnangla

Reaction score
I am currently in El Salvador and have run into a possible problem. My passport is damaged/torn page next to foto ID and it is possible I may have to:-

1) Fly back to London and organize a replacement passport, which will take a week. And park my motorcycle and baggage securely whilst I am away
2) Or, wait here for 6 weeks till a new one is sent to me.

Both these will incur huge costs and this is not in my budget as I have lots to travel yet and am on a very economy budget!

As of now I plan to continue to travel plans through Central America towards Argentina. I am hoping no custom office will reject entry due to my torn passport. If they do then I will have to fly back or stay back (two options listed above and as advices by the UK embassy when I enquired about a replacement passport.)

I may not face a problem as damaged passport is common and people have advised me to carry on. But I think it will be wise to buy an Insurance policy that can cover 1) any cost of extended stay in the country whilst my new passport arrives 2) covers cost of travelling back to London and also to store my motorcycle safely whilst I am away.

I think a cover under loss or stolen passport may help???

Do you know of any such policy? Currently I have a medical policy till end of Nov (this does not include above circumstance) All advice and comments welcome. Thanks a lot.

Can the local embassy not issue you with a temporary one whilst you have a replacement sent to your next destination? :nenau

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom