Which bigger screen?

bottleofred

Reaction score
My apologies if there is already the answer on here but here goes......

I want to fit a bigger screen to my WC 1200gs. I am looking at the ergo marathon, touratech and nippy Normans one. I am struggling to find dimensions for all three to see what might give the best protection. Does anyone have this information or can they help point me in the right direction.

Thank you

My apologies if there is already the answer on here but here goes......

I want to fit a bigger screen to my WC 1200gs. I am looking at the ergo marathon, touratech and nippy Normans one. I am struggling to find dimensions for all three to see what might give the best protection. Does anyone have this information or can they help point me in the right direction.

Thank you

Nippy Normans says their screen is 85mm higher and 40mm wider. I've just ordered one :)

Thanks stick for the reply..... Did you notice a big difference and did you by the bracket with it as well?

Thanks Hammy........the measurements you mention, are they compared to the standard supplied screen?

I use the Nippy Norman screen in light tint, it's the same as the power bronze screen.
Works very well with no additional brackets required:thumb2
Problem with screens is you can rarely try before you buy so £180 or more could be a costly error if you don't like what you buy. For around £90 the NN screen was worth the gamble for me and if I didn't like it I could have sold it for only £10 ish loss.

Thanks stick for the reply..... Did you notice a big difference and did you by the bracket with it as well?

The bracket hade a big difference as it stops any wobble , can be a little awkward to move but this is outweighed buy the performance of the screen.
I only use it when abroad with the wife , she commented that the original screen caused buffering to her but the bigger screen it stopped.
When away we do 3000 miles plus so her opinion is valid , even tho she is a bird :hide

The bracket hade a big difference as it stops any wobble , can be a little awkward to move but this is outweighed buy the performance of the screen.
I only use it when abroad with the wife , she commented that the original screen caused buffering to her but the bigger screen it stopped.

Is the screen reinforcement bracket only on one side or both (2 brackets) ???

Yes just on the one side but works great.
Example : Fully loaded with pillion , top box and panniers plus touratech pannier bags mounted on the top of the panniers we could cruise with ease at 120 mph on the motorways as the buffering was reduced so much.
The screen for me worked very well and even tho its not cheap , its worth every penny.

Yes just on the one side but works great.
Example : Fully loaded with pillion , top box and panniers plus touratech pannier bags mounted on the top of the panniers we could cruise with ease at 120 mph on the motorways as the buffering was reduced so much.
The screen for me worked very well and even tho its not cheap , its worth every penny.

Why don't you keep it on the bike all the time? Is it a bit ugly compared to the smaller screens?

Thanks Hammy........the measurements you mention, are they compared to the standard supplied screen?

They are....according to NN. I have ordered mine last week. It should be here on Monday so can confirm. Obviously I'll need to test it so will go for a decent ride out

I'll let you know how I get on :)

Just fitted my nippy Normans taller wider screen. The screen is in fact 85mm taller and 40mm wider

I have mixed feelings about the screen. Build quality is okay but not great. There are couple of imperfections in the screen and where there are a couple of bends it almost looks like there are small bubbles. Not a great finish at all....but tbh not enough to bother me that I'd send it back

The screen and bottom bit took no more than twenty minutes to fit. Very straight forward. Everything lined up as expected

With the tall screen set to its lowest position I'd say that it is equivalent to the original screen set to highest position. The only problem being when it's set to its lowest position it catches on the bike, when on full lock, so you need to lift it up a little bit. Not a problem for me but think they should have sorted this

With the screen set to high there is virtually no noise for me. I'm 5ft 11 and a bit and there is a definite improvement over stock. I like the stock screen anyway but this gives me the extra protection to ride through the winter.

One last thing with the screen on its highest position the top shakes quite a bit. Not ideal, but it doesn't bother me too much

The screen was pretty cheap to buy so can't complain too much :)

No problem. I spoked to nippy Normans who have been brilliant. He said I could exchange it because of the issues. I only let them know so they could make them better.

I am sending it back and have ordered the givi tall screen instead. That will be here on Wednesday....will let you know how I get on with that :)

:thumby:
Why don't you keep it on the bike all the time? Is it a bit ugly compared to the smaller screens?

No its not ugly at all its just I prefere the look of the standard screen and it works for me , as I said , I use it when away with the wife as its lots better than the standard screen two up.

Just received my givi high flow screen from NN today

The quality of the screen is so much better than the One it is replacing. It's quite a bit taller than the NN tall wide screen it's replacing

Very pleased with this screen. It actually works out cheaper than the NN own screen. It's 99 for the givi against 95 for NN own one. The givi screen comes with free delivery though.

Definately pleased I swapped it and very happy with NN customer services :)

Back
Top Bottom