Adventure helmets with sun visor

The guys I bought from on Ebay are in East Sussex, and have a "proper shop" to, could be a nice wander out from Surrey for you on a cool crisp morning :) Face to Face gives better options for haggling to, they have the whole range in stock, all discounted between 20 / 25%

The guys I bought from on Ebay are in East Sussex, and have a "proper shop" to, could be a nice wander out from Surrey for you on a cool crisp morning :) Face to Face gives better options for haggling to, they have the whole range in stock, all discounted between 20 / 25%

Good plan.:thumb

I wouldn't know the size without trying one on first. Chicken and egg thing.

I appreciate all replies. I'm still interested in looking at the Givi one, does anybody know who stocks it?

I got one, a couple of years back.
At the time, nobody I could find at all stocked them, so I ordered it directly using just my 'normal' size.......risky, but it turned out superbly.....my favourite helmet ever TBH :beerjug:
(EDIT......When I can afford a new lid, I shall go for another one with no hesitation)
I actually got the X-01 rather than the tourer version, but I believe they are identical apart from the peak.

MTU2NDAyfDEwMjV8aHR0cDovL3d3dy5tZWRpc21haWxpbmcuY29tL25ld3NsZXR0ZXJzL2ltYWdlcy84LzMzOC93ZWIvUFJfR0lWSV9YMDFUT1VSRVJfKDcpLmpwZw.jpg

There will probably be a 'find our stockists' section on the Givi website

Blacks aka ghostbikes have the Givi in offer at the moment at around a ton iirc

Can I ask a dumbass question please?
Do both the Givi & the XLite have drop down internal visors as well as external peaks?

Edit: A dumbass question was even more of a dumbass question until I edited it. Dumbass. :blast

Or - here's a wild idea...............

Find someone local, try a few on - and leave the shop with a helmet purchase?

Al

I'll always purchase from a shop as much as I can. When Nigel ran Infinity Motorcycles in Farnborough, he always used to get close to the web prices, wherever he could, while still making it worthwhile for Infinity. That's good enough for me.:thumb

Can I ask a dumbass question please?
Do both the Givi & the XLite have drop down internal visors as well as external peaks?

Edit: A dumbass question was even more of a dumbass question until I edited it. Dumbass. :blast

Yes, they do.:D

Cheers Nutty.

I'm considering a change & am tempted by the Schuberth, System 6 or Neotec. A pal is looking for an Adventure type lid though so I'll let him know.

Cheers Nutty.

I'm considering a change & am tempted by the Schuberth, System 6 or Neotec. A pal is looking for an Adventure type lid though so I'll let him know.

I really like my Schuberth, but wish they did an adventure style helmet with a peak and drop down visor, as the two features combined on a helmet is a great idea.

I really like my Schuberth, but wish they did an adventure style helmet with a peak and drop down visor, as the two features combined on a helmet is a great idea.

Ironic really. I have an 'Adventure bike' & prefer a road helmet & you have a 'Touring bike' & prefer an Adventure style crash helmet.
:comfort

Cheers Nutty.

:hijacked

Some good deals on System 6's, but quality can be an issue, you either get a good one or a bad one. I'm on my second now after the first was replaced under Warranty and I need to look at getting the current one replaced as the "horseshoe" that runs around the base of the helmet holding the lining in just drops out all the time now, and the visor has started playing up and in heavy rain I get a lovely waterfall inside the visor.

I tried one of the X-Lites on at a show but they only had the "adventure" colour schemes and I wanted plain, so blagged this one from someones local bike shop on ebay. If I can get the System 6 replaced, this time it's just going up for sale.

Ironic really. I have an 'Adventure bike' & prefer a road helmet & you have a 'Touring bike' & prefer an Adventure style crash helmet.
:comfort

Sort of.:p I have an adventure bike, and prefer an adventure helmet, but stopping for 5 minutes to dismantle the helmet to change visors every time the sun goes in, isn't the adventure that I had in mind.:D

Other than the X551 and the new Schuberth lids, are there any new peaked helmets with a drop down sun visor on the market since this thread was started?

Yes the Touratech Aventuro Mod has an adjustable peak and sun visor. It is basically a Schuberth E1 but made to Touratech spec with, in my opinion, better ventilation and for some reason it fits me better than the Schuberth.

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

Yes the Touratech Aventuro Mod has an adjustable peak and sun visor. It is basically a Schuberth E1 but made to Touratech spec with, in my opinion, better ventilation and for some reason it fits me better than the Schuberth.

It's also a far, far better looking helmet

IMHO

Sent from a OnePlusX

Yes very true and cheaper

Although Helmet City have some E1's on offer for 400

Although Helmet City have some E1's on offer for 400

They've also got some X551s for £229, which is closer to what I want to spend.

Back
Top Bottom