2014 RT

Another one from Milan.

Attachments

• r1200rt.jpg
    r1200rt.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 1,485
Looks very top and front end heavy, there's some bullsh*t in that write up. i thought my 2013 Rt was a bit ugly, but it's better looking than this new model.

publicq

Looks good to me :thumby:

Plenty of tech including hill start control :eek Are we moving towards a 2x2 model :augie

I think I like it but I know that with a bit of time I will really like it. Much as my TC is the dog diddlys, the new one will gnaw away at me until I get one. Shit aren't we all shallow ?

Bloody stupid 3/4 dial speedo - with points on offer for 10% over the speed limit - the difference between 30 and 35 mph is less than the width of the needle...and while I'm at it...(mumble mumble mutter mutter :rob) why does it go all the way up to 240 kph (150 mph)? It's an RT FFS not a bloody rocket sled! :augie

Other than that..I quite like it. Need to wait and see in the flesh though. :thumb2

Looks good to me :) Next question "how much "

Bloody stupid 3/4 dial speedo - with points on offer for 10% over the speed limit - the difference between 30 and 35 mph is less than the width of the needle...and while I'm at it...(mumble mumble mutter mutter :rob) why does it go all the way up to 240 kph (150 mph)? It's an RT FFS not a bloody rocket sled! :augie

Other than that..I quite like it. Need to wait and see in the flesh though. :thumb2

You can set the centre digital panel to give you the speed ;)

Looking at all the pics I started to warm to it but....bit heavy

K16 319kg
New Rt 274kg
New GSA 260kg
Current Rt 259kg
GS 238kg

This bit could be a winner for BMW

"Gear Shift Assistant Pro for smooth yet swift gear changing.
The BMW Gear Shift Assistant Pro that is available as an option ex-works represents a world first for production motorcycle manufacture. It enables upshifts and downshifts to be made without operation of the clutch or throttle valve in the load and rev speed ranges that are of relevance for riding, resulting not just in even greater comfort but in added dynamism, too."

Wonder if they have bought in to Zeroshift as used by Honda on the MotoGP bikes, I really hope so!

Rumour has it that BMW are working on a Rider assist pro mode as an optional extra.
Start the engine, select rider assist pro mode, dismount and it takes itself out for a nice little run ,on the way it stops and gathers a dozen Albanians to give itself a clean and then comes home, saves us all the bother of riding the fecking thing:blast:blast

Rumour has it that BMW are working on a Rider assist pro mode as an optional extra.
Start the engine, select rider assist pro mode, dismount and it takes itself out for a nice little run ,on the way it stops and gathers a dozen Albanians to give itself a clean and then comes home, saves us all the bother of riding the fecking thing:blast:blast

:jes :jes :jes

You can set the centre digital panel to give you the speed ;)

Yeh I know, but it still strikes me as piss-poor design for no good reason at all! When I test-rode a GS LC a few months back it was one of the things that really got on my tits - I dare say that, like everything else, you can get used to it but why bother? Rhetorical question - just having a moan really! :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom