Harley Street 750

The start of the inevitable water-cooling for Harley Davidson I guess. I wonder how long before the big twins have to succumb. A shame but that's the way of the world. Although I suppose the V-Rod was a WC so it aint the first.

I believe these bikes are planned for all markets so I'm sure they'll show up. I just hope they come up with a version with more suspension, clearance, higher seat, and better brakes.

My understanding is India where Harley's been building bikes for that market for a while now. Except for the ones sold in the US which will be built/assembled in Kansas City with parts from India.

A (hip) video along the lines of the BMW Ninet video. Does show various styling ideas. I like the one at around 3:22 on this video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msFh-lYAtBE&feature=player_embedded

I’ll just say if I were a Harley dealer I’d be pushing Sportsters right now because I wouldn't want to have many Sportsters in inventory when these new bikes start shipping out.

A Sportster 883 weighs 560 pounds and sells for $8,400. The 1200 Sportster Custom weighs about the same but is over $10,000.

The new Street 750 weighs 480 pounds, puts out as much or more power as the 1200, and costs only $7500.

I’ll just say if I were a Harley dealer I’d be pushing Sportsters right now because I wouldn't want to have many Sportsters in inventory when these new bikes start shipping out.

A Sportster 883 weighs 560 pounds and sells for $8,400. The 1200 Sportster Custom weighs about the same but is over $10,000.

The new Street 750 weighs 480 pounds, puts out as much or more power as the 1200, and costs only $7500.

:eek Bloody `ell!

Nice to see that belt replacement appears to be much less of a chore.

The start of the inevitable water-cooling for Harley Davidson I guess. I wonder how long before the big twins have to succumb. A shame but that's the way of the world.

Already happened; 2014 Touring models are partially WC.

Like Dod says, the 500 and 750 look like old VT Hondas. Built in India; will they take you to Mars?

Real quality welding on full view too - :eek:

photo20.jpg

Like Dod says, the 500 and 750 look like old VT Hondas. Built in India; will they take you to Mars?

photo20.jpg

That welding! I am just an amateur, but no way would I allow that on one of my bikes.
Built in India.....So built down to a budget and at the expense of jobs in the USA, the world is truly fucked in so many ways.

My VT500E long term project and possible paint scheme Honda racing colours there was a black colour option on the standard VT500 Ascot making it look very similar to the new HD750
now future.jpg

So far only some 2014 Touring models are partially water cooled. The Street Glide, Ultra Classic, and Road Kings are still air cooled. I agree the weld on this prototype or early production run looks pretty sloppy. Has Michelin tires though! Companies like BMW, Triumph, Kawasaki, HD, and Honda have already gone to lower cost places for manufacturing.

Back
Top Bottom