quick update,i can confirm that the venue is sorted
    THE WHEEL INN,
    13 MAIN ST
    BRANSTON
    GRANTHAM
    LINCS
    NG32 1RU

we have camping for upto @ 30 peeps
    tom,the landlord will set aside the skittle ally room for us,and we can have a bonfire
    also ,we will have breakfast on Saturday morning,and a two course meal on Saturday night.(veggie option will be offered also)
    any one wanting food on arrival on Friday,shout up and i will book a table for all of us.
    if wanted bacon cobs on sunday can be arranged(again shout up)
    the pub serves batemans beers,and local brews,as well as quality wines etc
    I will confirm the costs after I have clarified a couple of details.
    for the time being just book your intention to join us, I will sort food bookings nearer the time.
    mike
    Nice one...Not to far to freeze my bollocks off and close enough to discover new ground

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Been thinking about a winter rally so book me down provisionally- will confirm ASAP
    Cheers

Appreciating Scotland Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by IJGser View Post
    So will you be riding down from Glasgow now? must be worth the 400 odd miles to camp behind a pub and ride the Vale for a few hours Or was it you just needed to tell us you had a S10 on road tyres
    Such cutting wit. I've ridden further to camp in a field for a few hours riding and a pint or few so yes, I am considering this. I'll be looking forward to meeting the meatspace you.
    '83 BMW R100
    Yamaha S10
    '69 BMW R60 US

Deadhead Member Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Packer View Post
    Such cutting wit. I've ridden further to camp in a field for a few hours riding and a pint or few so yes, I am considering this. I'll be looking forward to meeting the meatspace you.
    Nice one, will be nice to catch up

If you need somewhere warm to crash for the night either side of the event let me know.

Andres
    Doris doesn't give a fuck...be more like Doris!

Can I just join you for a drink please. Is it allowed? I'll be buggered if I'm camping with you lot! especially in January

Overland and classic,vale of belvoir,Melton Mowbray
    Quote Originally Posted by Duchess View Post
    Can I just join you for a drink please. Is it allowed? I'll be buggered if I'm camping with you lot! especially in January
    you are very welcome to join us for some drinks or the evening meal

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Duchess View Post
    I'll be buggered if I'm camping with you lot!
    Unfortunate turn of phrase Duchess.......

Quote Originally Posted by Timaloy View Post

before he gets there?
    Quote Originally Posted by David Nimrod View Post
    I'm sure it can be arranged...

Ok, Ill commit and since Ill be coming ALL the way from the saarf...... I could get there at a hump (weather depending) Friday by 7 ish pm, or saturday morning 10 ish. Road ride must be offered for me to make the trek. No need for speed but at good ride and a longish run with lunch and tea stops in between (120 miles?) Is that acceptable? Ill bring me own cider...lol

Quote Originally Posted by Cogs View Post
    +1 for road ride

1100 on Tourances, not the best mudplugger...

The B6047 has got to be worth a viewing in the crisp January frost and/or snow ?

CoGS

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyboy View Post
    you are very welcome to join us for some drinks or the evening meal
    Brilliant

Quote Originally Posted by Timaloy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Norfolk Tiger View Post
    I never gave it much thought thank you, it raised a smile just now

Quote Originally Posted by adventuredon View Post
    Ok, Ill commit and since Ill be coming ALL the way from the saarf...... I could get there at a hump (weather depending) Friday by 7 ish pm, or saturday morning 10 ish. Road ride must be offered for me to make the trek. No need for speed but at good ride and a longish run with lunch and tea stops in between (120 miles?) Is that acceptable? Ill bring me own cider...lol
    That'll be down to me then, better put the brain in gear then.......................................but.... ....................................it'll be done at Airhead speed.................in this part of the world!

getting away with it so far! Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Well, I was looking forward to going out for a ride on this event, however, I may have changed my mind.

Not wishing to sound too precious, I thought that it might be nice for GSs to go for an off road ride, and, if you don't have a GS, bring what you have. (Various exceptions apply) But as it seems most are going to be using their super slim, lightweight, fettled, helium lightened off road 'tools' for the job, I'm a little put off as to the suitability of the tracks and trails for my G/S.

So, in order to prevent me from having an Elton John style hissy fit on the weekend, I am going to opt out of the off road ride and join Arkwright on his Airhead Tour of Lincolnshire and the East.

Quote Originally Posted by tuftywhite View Post
    Well, I was looking forward to going out for a ride on this event, however, I may have changed my mind.

Not wishing to sound too precious, I thought that it might be nice for GSs to go for an off road ride, and, if you don't have a GS, bring what you have. (Various exceptions apply) But as it seems most are going to be using their super slim, lightweight, fettled, helium lightened off road 'tools' for the job, I'm a little put off as to the suitability of the tracks and trails for my G/S.

So, in order to prevent me from having an Elton John style hissy fit on the weekend, I am going to opt out of the off road ride and join Arkwright on his Airhead Tour of Lincolnshire and the East.

Probably a good idea, as the green lanes in the area are particularly muddy & greasy & a GS will be a handful - not something I would do -
    In fact, If Mikeyboy does the job I think he'll do for me, I'll be doing them on an ultralight XT250, rather than my 650 X Country

Quote Originally Posted by tuftywhite View Post

I feel sure you will be fine on the green lane run on your g/s
    I will be tail end Charlie ,so I get to see all the mayhem

Click here to find out how to remove these ads

I have some more details for the intrepid campers
    the cost of the weekend will be; £25 this will include,
    camping for both nights,
    breakfast Saturday morning,
    two course evening meal on Saturday night.
    which I think is a damn good deal
    as previously stated tom will do us bacon cobs on sunday ,(let him know on the Saturday night)
    if we need a chemical loo this will be extra
    although I have not been asked by tom ,I think it would show goodwill for us to pay in advance for the weekend
    so he is not out of pocket if the weather turns and folk start crying off.
    hopefully you will all be in agreement with this.
    mike

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast