Bordering with the Insane May 9th - 11th 2014

Borderraider

R1200GSA TDM 900 R1200GS
Reaction score
Another chance to explore the beauty of Northumberland, Cumbria & Scotland

Venue is Demesne Farm, Bellingham, Northumberland

Bellingham is a small village with good facilities, within 150 yards of the Campsite there is:

Garage, fuel & camping equipment
Co-op Open until 10pm
1 Hotel with Public bar & restaurant
2 Pubs
3 Cafes
Chinese Takeaway
Chemist
Post Office
Cash Point
Plenty of B&B's

As well as Camping the site can accommodate Caravans & Campervans with 13 electric hook ups available, seperate male or female washrooms, toilets & showers.
There is also a Bunkhouse split into three bedrooms which can hold up to 15 people, it has its own toilet/showers, kitchen & a lounge area with pot bellied stove.

Information www.demesnefarmcampsite.co.uk

Prices are:
Camping £7 per person per night
Caravan/Camper £7 per person per night
Electric hook up £4 per night
Bunkhouse £18 per person per night
Prices above are 2014 rates, Demesne website may not show them yet

Bunkhouse, Caravan/Camper Please book direct with Campsite stating that you are attending the UKGSer event.
We have sole occupancy, no other bookings will be taken.

No need to pre-book Camping Add your name to attendee list & pay when you arrive

Once booked would you please add your name to attendee list stating whether Bunkhouse etc- it will help me a great deal when contacting site owners

For those who fancy a little luxury The Cheviot Hotel can offer 3 twin/double rooms & a family room for 4
Cheviot Hotel

Bellingham Tourist information office can help those who wish to use B&B's
Tourist Information

Food & drink

The aim is to keep the event as simple as possible

You can provide for yourselves or eat/drink in the Pubs or Cafes

The Cheviot Hotel will once again provide Breakfast on the Sat/Sun mornings & Evening meals Fri/Sat nights.
Menu & prices will be provided shortly.

The Bunkhouse

Campsite

Campsite Info

Campsite Info

Cheviot Hotel

Surrounding Area

Rides out on Saturday led by Mort & myself Depart 9:30am return 4:30pm or thereabouts

Border Blast .... Run round virtually traffic free Northumberland, Cumbria & Scottish Borders...plenty of stops.
This run will be sensible but brisk

Border Bimble.... Gentle sight seeing meander...plenty of stops

This sounds like a cracking event. Currently formulating a plan to hit the Highlands and Isles the week before and then call in on the way home. Roll on May indeed:)

M'in :thumb

Along with Gracie and friends from Germany (if OK) Suzzanne & Mirko and their son Marc, all camping, and on separate bike's :D

:beerjug:

M'in :thumb

Along with Gracie and friends from Germany (if OK) Suzzanne & Mirko and their son Marc, all camping, and on separate bike's :D

..... and Marc is an officer on a U Boat, so don't mention the war :eek:

Hey buys, just picked up the bike Saturday but am keen to get out and about on it.
Is this one for solo's only or is bringing the Mrs (pillion) an option? It would save me a ticket to Turkey for her.... :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hey buys, just picked up the bike Saturday but am keen to get out and about on it.
Is this one for solo's only or is bringing the Mrs (pillion) an option? It would save me a ticket to Turkey for her.... :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

U can go on your own, or bring the missus....plenty of splendid people will be there....:D

Have you done Scotland previously? I moved up here a few years back and live near Stirling. I've traveled endlessly across all the back roads and its magical when the weather is good! West coast is best, stunning scenery.

If you need anything, advice on routes, places to visit, stay etc let me know.....

Can everyone going please pray for some decent weather; current forecast is poo so my contingency plan is to conduct a pub crawl of Bellingham!!!!!! :green gri

Can everyone going please pray for some decent weather; current forecast is poo so my contingency plan is to conduct a pub crawl of Bellingham!!!!!! :green gri

Could totally change by the weekend...and I hope it does.

I was away camping in Suffolk this weekend gone and although the overnight low forecast was 5c there was a frost by 11pm both nights, so dress warm and waterproof campers.

Weekend Forecast

Updated: last updated about 1 hour(s) ago
Fri 9. May
T-Storms

10°C High

5° C Overnight Low

T-Storms

Chance of Rain
70%

Wind
WSW at 17 mph

Sat 10. May
Showers

10° High

6° Overnight Low

Showers

Chance of Rain
80%

Wind
SSW at 13 mph

Sun 11. May
Light Rain

11° High

5° Overnight Low

Light Rain

Chance of Rain
70%

Wind
WSW at 13 mph

I was away camping in Suffolk this weekend gone and although the overnight low forecast was 5c there was a frost by 11pm both nights, so dress warm and waterproof campers.

Weekend Forecast

Fri 9. May
T-Storms

10°C High

5° C Overnight Low

T-Storms

Chance of Rain
70%

Wind
WSW at 17 mph

Sat 10. May
Showers

10° High

6° Overnight Low

Showers

Chance of Rain
80%

Wind
SSW at 13 mph

Sun 11. May
Light Rain

11° High

5° Overnight Low

Light Rain

Chance of Rain
70%

Wind
WSW at 13 mph

Way to kill an event Chris :blast

Weekend Forecast

Fri 9. May
T-Storms

10°C High

5° C Overnight Low

T-Storms

Chance of Rain
70%

Wind
WSW at 17 mph

Sat 10. May
Showers

10° High

6° Overnight Low

Showers

Chance of Rain
80%

Wind
SSW at 13 mph

Sun 11. May
Light Rain

11° High

5° Overnight Low

Light Rain

Chance of Rain
70%

Wind
WSW at 13 mph

I hope the forecast improves, if folk don't turn up I have to cover event costs which are equivalent to full occupancy of the Bunkhouse for the whole weekend.:eek:

I hope the forecast improves, if folk don't turn up I have to cover event costs which are equivalent to full occupancy of the Bunkhouse for the whole weekend.:eek:

Keep the faith Colin....we'll all be there, and the pubs could do a little better than planned if the weather goes wobbly!! Hi hope Al has bought bulk cocktail ingredients too......I may even buy a bottle of Pimms!! :green gri

I'll be there rain or shine and will join the bouncy one in the pub :) :bounce1, the coop will do a roaring trade in cocktail supplies too :beerjug:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

we're on our way rain hail or shine, as Keith said, if weather isnt perfect then the ales and log fires will be :beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom