Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Heidenhau tyres

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe

Heidenhau tyres

Anybody tried them?
    Al Jesse panniers for sale , fits a 1200 GS /GSA Air cooled £450 posted.

Yes, put a pair on for the Maroc 2012 trip - great tyres in all weather conditions, really rate them very highly.
    Bounce

KTM 1290 Super Adventure
    KTM 400 EXC

I agree, brilliant tyres

Thanks lads ill try them out.

Been using them for a few years now and love them. Its a very hard compound tyre so yes it will be a bit slippery in the wet on white lines.
    I take about 6-800 miles before I feel comfortable on them again so dont get rid of them to early. Give them a chance. I get very good milage out of them. 12500 miles from my last rear and 18500 from the front.
    They are not a full on knobblie like the tkc, more road orientated but still ok for easy off road

Appreciating Scotland Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Fitted a pair before a big trip last year. Over 10,000 miles form the back tyre, used on metalled roads and dirt roads. I was tempted to finish them off on a track day but thought better of it and stuck a set of "sticky" Tourances on
    '83 BMW R100
    Yamaha S10
    '69 BMW R60 US

I have a rear for an 800GS for sale if you want to try one http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthr...ut-150-70-B-17

I looked at that.too wide for the xt600.

New Member (less than 15 Posts)
    We use them out here in Africa and I have to say they are brilliant, both on the gravel and on the tar. As the other guys said, they last long and are made of a slightly harder compound. Bit of a bi*ch to change a puncture out in the wilds with your bare hands and a tyre lever, because of a hard sidewall but still well worth it. Heidenau we also use Mitas which seem pretty reasonable too.

As the others have said, but avoid wet white lines on the road. Dunno why but that makes them very twitchy.

Dream Maker
    Great all round tyres and I've done 3 Alaska trips on the. I don't think there is another tyre which can cope with all road conditions as well as the K60.

The upsides are they last forever and handle all situations you throw at them pretty well. Not as grippy as a tourance on tarmac and not as good as a TKC off road but not too far off. Punctures are rare with them because they are so tough.

The downsides are they are very noisy and they are bloody hard to get on and off on your own because of the hard side walls. I've always found that when they do go off, they go off quickly and get a bit twitchy.
    www.unchainedtours.com

"Of all the forces that make for a better world, none is so powerful as hope.
    With hope, one can think, one can work, one can dream.
    If you have hope, you have everything."

http://www.unchainedtours.com

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Bilco View Post
    The downsides are they are very noisy and they are bloody hard to get on and off on your own because of the hard side walls. I've always found that when they do go off, they go off quickly and get a bit twitchy.
    Even when they are squaring though the blocks move around so you still get plenty of rubber on the ground. Good enough to deck the pegs of an 1150 in the dry.
    '83 BMW R100
    Yamaha S10
    '69 BMW R60 US

Fitted a set of these for Sgt Bilco's second trip to Alaska last year. Like Chris says excellent tyre for all types of road conditions but a bit noisy. 9000 miles and no problems!

undead Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    fill that gap between tkc's and tourances

always remember that you are absolutely unique, just like everyone else.

Dream Maker
    Quote Originally Posted by Packer View Post
    Even when they are squaring though the blocks move around so you still get plenty of rubber on the ground. Good enough to deck the pegs of an 1150 in the dry.
    True enough Kev but on my last set which had done around 10k and still looked like they would go another 2k, I had some scary slides (when you wouldn't expect them) from the front and rear on a ride in Wales a couple of weeks ago which was confidence sapping at best. To be fair, it was wet and cold but they just didn't feel their normal secure self so off they came. Had a pair of barely used Dunlop trailmax in the garage which replaced them otherwise I would have had no problem fitting another set
    www.unchainedtours.com

"Of all the forces that make for a better world, none is so powerful as hope.
    With hope, one can think, one can work, one can dream.
    If you have hope, you have everything."

http://www.unchainedtours.com

Click here to find out how to remove these ads

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Bilco View Post
    True enough Kev but on my last set which had done around 10k and still looked like they would go another 2k, I had some scary slides (when you wouldn't expect them) from the front and rear on a ride in Wales a couple of weeks ago which was confidence sapping at best. To be fair, it was wet and cold but they just didn't feel their normal secure self so off they came. Had a pair of barely used Dunlop trailmax in the garage which replaced them otherwise I would have had no problem fitting another set
    You should know better than to try wheelies and stoppies using knackered knobbies on crap and soggy Taff tar
    '83 BMW R100
    Yamaha S10
    '69 BMW R60 US

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast