My 1200GS WC BASIC has landed!!!

Paul S

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Well my specail order Basic toilet has finally landed at the dealer and I will hopefully pick it up next Friday :D:D

No LED headlight, DRL's, cruise control, enduro pro, chrome exhaust, led indicators, tyre pressure moniters or any of that "escential" equipment :augie

Just gone for heated grips and against my better judgement ESA cos I broke my back earlier in the year and want the option to soften off the suspension on the go.

It is of course the faster white colour :thumb

I even quite like the "retro" indicators :rob

Are you moving into the 20th century from an 1150? Just wondering by your avatar and technological aversion... Enjoy your new toy + hope your back is healing.

If I were to spec a basic it would have wires, heated grips and led headlight. All the other crap can stay in china :augie:D

Best colour though imho. Are the BM colours white wine, red wine, green olives, black olives and bombay sapphire blue? :augie:augie:augie

Looks nice. I'll be interested to hear what you think about the standard suspenders.

I really toyed with the idea of getting the non-ESA version too because there's way more scope to get what you want, what you really really want.

Ref the avatar I initially thought it was the same corner but doesn't look like it. I guess they're all the same ;).

i-8TqvRwD-S.jpg

If you liked the 'old' one on the track you're gonna love this one :D.

Have fun dude.

Daz

Are you moving into the 20th century from an 1150? Just wondering by your avatar and technological aversion... Enjoy your new toy + hope your back is healing.

Good grief no - got rid of that old barge back in 2006 :D:D

No problem with technology where it serves a useful purpose and preferabley costs very little but for example - cruise control on a motorcycle - that's just plain daft :eek :augie

Looks nice. I'll be interested to hear what you think about the standard suspenders.

I really toyed with the idea of getting the non-ESA version too because there's way more scope to get what you want, what you really really want.

Ref the avatar I initially thought it was the same corner but doesn't look like it. I guess they're all the same ;).

If you liked the 'old' one on the track you're gonna love this one :D.

Have fun dude.

Daz

As said in my original post - went for ESA so will not be able to coment on standard suspension.

Avatar pic is Malory Park sometime early 2005 ;)

Very nice,

Due to pick mine up in January, same colour as well, without the ESA but with alarm and luggage.

Can you confirm if your machine has the other 2014 updates, steering damper etc. as my dealer is being a little vague on this?

Very nice,

Due to pick mine up in January, same colour as well, without the ESA but with alarm and luggage.

Can you confirm if your machine has the other 2014 updates, steering damper etc. as my dealer is being a little vague on this?

Yes has steering damper and white rear spring which as far as I know are the only visual diferences on the 2014 models :thumb

The only one I'd buy is yours with proper bulbs in the indicators - basic with no ESA

Gonna ride a 14 model & see how they go

Would be interested to know what's the throttle response is like on the basis bike so please provide an update when you've got used to it.

I would go for this spec plus led indicators and swap the shocks for Ohlins - like being able to service them every couple of years and the ride is so much nicer :)

Well picked up the new bike this morning and managed to put a few miles on her :D

Ran it in rain mode to start with and later normal road mode. ESA was useful as could put damping down to soft to help my still recovering back ;)

Gear box/clutch - no problem - feels a little tight yet but feels like any other wet clutch bike I have ever ridden :thumb

Got the dealer to fit the extra infill panels and despite wet roads had no spray splattering the back of my legs so looks like they work :)

what not so good about the Basic model is that it looks like something is missing below the headlight and gap on left handle bar - BM should really have come up with a better solution but can live with it :augie

Overall very pleased with the new bike :bounce1

Good to know your gearbox is as good as mine .... ;)

Back
Top Bottom