My 1200GS WC BASIC has landed!!!

Ah so the riding modes are now standard on the basic bike ? Sorry for not keeping up I don't spend much time in the WC section

That does look really nice. I like the colour scheme and it looks,,,, just functional.

Great bike hope you have loads of fun with it

Ah so the riding modes are now standard on the basic bike ? Sorry for not keeping up I don't spend much time in the WC section

Yes - base bike comes with 2 modes - rain and road. Have to say that rain mode is by favourite so far - still get full power just in a smoother way ;)

You also get ASC and what used to be called the OBC standard as well.

What is not so good is that there is no where to put a shackle lock under the seat like the old hex heads.

Yes - base bike comes with 2 modes - rain and road. Have to say that rain mode is by favourite so far - still get full power just in a smoother way ;)

You also get ASC and what used to be called the OBC standard as well.

What is not so good is that there is no where to put a shackle lock under the seat like the old hex heads.

Thanks,

ASC is traction control ? - can you turn it off ?

Nice looking bike btw - that front end looks fine to me - actually prefer it to the TC myself

Thanks,

ASC is traction control ? - can you turn it off ?
Nice looking bike btw - that front end looks fine to me - actually prefer it to the TC myself

Yes traction control and yes I believe it can be switched off same as the ABS but then resets every time you switch off the ignition.

Its a shame the traction control is no longer an option. I guess that's progress :rolleyes:

Put some decent tyres on it and you're away :D

Its a shame the traction control is no longer an option. I guess that's progress :rolleyes:

Put some decent tyres on it and you're away :D

Yep got as far as Pat's café in Barwell today :D:D

Givi Trekker top box

Fitted Givi alloy plate and 46 litre top box last night - IMO looks better than the Vario top box and significantly cheaper too ;)

Added a few bits and pieces to the bike now :D

MRA tinted X-Creen

Touratech cylinder protectors

Black protectors from Nippy Norman for side of tank - mainly to break up the Grey ;)

Finally found something that fits off the old 1200GS - my Wunderlich low/wider foot pegs :D

....and finally a Touratech foot stand enlarger to stop the stand sinking into the tarmac at Tesco's :p

Hello

Whats the power like on these? I own a 2008 (58 plate) GSA but have done a few upgrades like no cat, performance air filter, Power Commander, Ackrapovic exhaust. I have a problem at the moment with stalling and hope to get it sorted soon but not having taken one of the newer GS's out for a test was wondering what the differences were in terms of power/performance? Like chalk n cheese or just a little better than a tuned up air cooled GS?

Hello

Whats the power like on these? I own a 2008 (58 plate) GSA but have done a few upgrades like no cat, performance air filter, Power Commander, Ackrapovic exhaust. I have a problem at the moment with stalling and hope to get it sorted soon but not having taken one of the newer GS's out for a test was wondering what the differences were in terms of power/performance? Like chalk n cheese or just a little better than a tuned up air cooled GS?

Still running mine in but lots more power and torque especially compared to a pre twin cam GS - so yes chalk and cheese.

My last twin cam 1200 had been re-mapped by Hilltop garage and was a real flyer but the latest WC just moves things on even further :thumb

Get yourself a test ride and see what you think ;)

Still running mine in but lots more power and torque especially compared to a pre twin cam GS - so yes chalk and cheese.

My last twin cam 1200 had been re-mapped by Hilltop garage and was a real flyer but the latest WC just moves things on even further :thumb

Get yourself a test ride and see what you think ;)

Thats encouraging to think a standard WC GSA is much better than a pre twin cam GSA thats been tweaked and tuned! I've resisted test riding one because I'm not in a position to buy a new GSA AND I know what I'm like when I want something!

Well my specail order Basic toilet has finally landed at the dealer and I will hopefully pick it up next Friday :D:D

No LED headlight, DRL's, cruise control, enduro pro, chrome exhaust, led indicators, tyre pressure moniters or any of that "escential" equipment :augie

Just gone for heated grips and against my better judgement ESA cos I broke my back earlier in the year and want the option to soften off the suspension on the go.

It is of course the faster white colour :thumb

I even quite like the "retro" indicators :rob

I got a basic one with just heated grips - would have forgone ABS too but had no choice :( anyway the basic bike is good, basic manually adjustable suspension is fine, no riding modes or worries about computers deciding what is best for the rider, the bike handles like a dream (excellent two up also) and the gearbox is good too :D

Looks great. :thumb2

Taking one out a week Friday for a test. My mate in Fife has just bought one so I want to see what all the fuss is about ;)

Back
Top Bottom