Am I mad???

1976_GT750A_450.jpg

There's one of those for sale at that shop next to Rainbow in Rotherham (the one with the cafe next door), and they're asking next to nothing for it.
If it's still there this time next year :augie, it's mine, I tell you, mine.

They've got some lovely old bikes in there.

I did a similar thing earlier this year. I had approx 10K tied up in a GSA that I absolutely loved but was struggling to justify due to occasional use.

I sold it and used the some of the money to fund my new car (bmw 330i M Sport convertible) :cool: and I now own a 2007 BMW K1200GT SE.

The GT has a similar riding position and is a cracking cracking bike to ride but cost me 5k
not 10k.

I feel I have the best of both worlds now, amazing bike and car :D

Everyone's needs, wants, desires are different. I did regret a bit selling the GSA until I got the K1200.

Good luck in whatever you decide :thumb

Jon

Cheers Jon

These are exactly my thoughts, take the money from the GS, invest roughly 35% in something new and then save the rest for a rainy day!

Cheers Jon

These are exactly my thoughts, take the money from the GS, invest roughly 35% in something new and then save the rest for a rainy day!

Unless you need the money it has probably incurred most of the depreciation it's going to suffer.

It's probably cheap enough to keep it sat there. With a GSA you are running a dream, buying all the possibilities you can realise with it. Would your alternative bike look after you so well financially and physically (would it have Telelever, ABS, linked brakes, huge road presence, decent screen and seats etc etc) ?

Keep it for the times when you CAN enjoy it.

Bike is a 2009er so with the new model coming out i am expecting it to depreciate much further..... That is why i am considering this all now

Not entirely but 95% if i am honest - not to do with running costs, just to do with tied up depreciating capital

Yep sell it and buy a cheap one. There a loads of really well looked after low mileage but older bikes out there. They ride just as well as a new one and all the time you have the satisfaction in knowing that you are not losing money thru depreciation and don't care about getting it wet or marked. I just bought a pan for £1400 to ride through the winter. Awesome machine to ride and it won't cost me a cent in depreciation. All this talk about Gs not depreciating evaporates when you actually find out what you versus a dealer can get for it. Buy an oldie, enjoy riding it when you can and free your mind from the nagging thoughts of depreciation.

Yep sell it and buy a cheap one. There a loads of really well looked after low mileage but older bikes out there. They ride just as well as a new one and all the time you have the satisfaction in knowing that you are not losing money thru depreciation and don't care about getting it wet or marked. I just bought a pan for £1400 to ride through the winter. Awesome machine to ride and it won't cost me a cent in depreciation. All this talk about Gs not depreciating evaporates when you actually find out what you versus a dealer can get for it. Buy an oldie, enjoy riding it when you can and free your mind from the nagging thoughts of depreciation.

Nope, great in theory but in practice you can easily substitute repair costs for depreciation plus you'll miss your good bike when you've only an old bike to admire.

The joy of owning a decent Adventure is beyond money so I say again DON'T DO IT !

Back
Top Bottom