Discover 90 Years of BMW Motorrad at Motorcycle Live.

UKGSer

Administrator
Reaction score
bmwsmall.jpg
BMW Motorrad
United Kingdom

Media Information 21 Novenber 2013

BDiscover 90 Years of BMW Motorrad at Motorcycle Live.

Biggest-ever presence at show with thirty classic motorcycles and over forty 2014 models.

BMW Motorrad UK is bringing its biggest-ever stand to Motorcycle Live, with 30 classic models spanning 90 Years of BMW Motorrad and over 40 of the latest 2014 motorcycles on display.

Motorcycle Live, open from 23 November - 01 December at the NEC in Birmingham, is the UK’s biggest motorcycle and scooter show. Visitors can see every new BMW motorcycle, book test rides and meet BMW Motorrad celebrities and famous racers.

For the very first time, BMW Motorrad will have a wheelie simulator, giving show-goers the chance to lift the front wheel on the 193bhp BMW S 1000 RR supersports bike and pose for photographs.

BMW Motorrad highlights at Motorrad Days 2013:
  • See all new 2014 models including S 1000 R, R 1200 RT, R 1200 GS Adventure and R nineT.
  • Celebrate 90 Years of BMW Motorrad with 30 classic and over 40 new BMWs.
  • Two customer competitions to win on-and-off-road experiences from World of BMW.
  • Meet Charley Boorman on the stand on Monday and Wednesday.
  • BMW S 1000 RR wheelie simulator.
  • Watch stunt star Mattie Griffin on his BMW F 800 R every day in the Crank'd show.
  • Brand new 2014 World of BMW Activity Brochure available from the stand.
  • BMW Motorrad Rider Equipment, Finance & Insurance and much more.

Journalists and visitors on Media Monday (25 November) are invited to join BMW Motorrad for a short new model press conference and Q&A session from 11:30am featuring Charley Boorman and Harry Schmidt, motorcycle designer and project leader on the new BMW R nineT, hosted by TV presenter Tony Jardine.

On Dirt Day (Wednesday 27 November) BMW Motorrad and World of BMW will be hosting a Q&A session on the main stage at midday featuring Charley Boorman, Simon Pavey and other BMW ambassadors. This lively, entertaining session, hosted by James Whitham, will inspire and encourage riders to enjoy their own off-road and round-the-world adventures.

BMW-riding adventurer Charley Boorman will be on the stand meeting riders and signing autographs on Monday and Wednesday, and BMW’s stunt rider Mattie Griffin will be performing daily on his BMW F 800 R as part of the exciting Crank’d show.

As part of the year-long celebration of BMW Motorrad’s 90th anniversary, a selection of 30 iconic classic motorcycles from 1923 to 2013 will be on display, showing the development and evolution of BMW Motorrad. Highlights from the display include the R32, BMW’s first ever motorcycle, the original R 80 G/S and the original World Superbike-winning R 90 S superbike.

In addition to seeing the oldest BMW motorcycles, the very latest will be on show as well; with the BMW S 1000 R naked sportsbike, R 1200 RT tourer, R nineT classic roadster and the new R 1200 GS Adventure making their UK debut at the show. Almost fifty 2014 models will be displayed on the BMW Motorrad stand, including the production version of the C evolution e-scooter.

Visitors to the World of BMW area will be able to pick up a copy of the brand-new 2014 Activity Brochure, speak to staff and instructors from Rider Training, Tours and Off Road Skills and Track Activities, and plan their next riding adventure. Visitors can enter competitions to win five places on a special BMW Off Road Skills course hosted by Charley Boorman and Simon Pavey, as well as three BMW Rider Training courses (CBT for non-riders and one-on-one expert instruction for riders) at the stand.

Show-goers can also explore a selection of the latest BMW Rider Equipment and BMW Motorcycle Accessories, and speak to staff from BMW Financial Services and BMW Insurance. The show stand, as ever, will be staffed by experienced motorcycle enthusiasts from BMW Motorrad, who will be on hand to answer any questions about the bikes, accessories, finance and aftersales support.

For tickets and more information about Motorcycle Live, visit www.motorcyclelive.co.uk

i-MPJrV83-XL.jpg

See the new BMW S 1000 R at Motorcycle Live

i-qCcgTwj-XL.jpg

The new R 1200 GS Adventure will make its UK debut

i-QgsVZqq-XL.jpg

The BMW R nineT project leader Harry Schmidt will be visiting on Media Monday

i-k7tTTNq-XL.jpg

The stunning new R 1200 RT tourer

i-zMswVZ4-XL.jpg

BMW Rider Training instructors will be on the stand

i-2hKmDRw-XL.jpg

Meet BMW Off Road Skills chief instructor and Dakar racer Simon Pavey

i-Nkj24bt-XL.jpg

See the brand-new 2014 BMW Tours dates at the show

i-NdQrTzF.jpg

Pick up the all-new 2014 World of BMW Activity Brochure

i-pnSDj3F-XL.jpg

Meet Charley Boorman on the BMW Motorrad stand

i-2zpkbvD-XL.jpg

BMW stunt rider Mattie Griffin will be performing daily

For more information on BMW Motorrad products, or to find your local BMW Motorrad dealership, visit www.bmw-motorrad.co.uk or call 0800 777 155.

Back
Top Bottom