RT TWIN CAM

The "Carbon Look" stickers are cut from a sheet of "Carbi Colour Self Adhesive PVC". I bought this from a Bike Dealer many years ago and have used it every bike since. Have a look on ebay and see if it's still available.

Just checked and it would seem that Carbi Colour is now not available but search " Carbon Fibre Adhesive Vinyl".
Plenty to choose from.

Last edited:
Fitted the head guards today, I didn't know whether to go for the aluminium ones or these plastic ones, think I made the right choice...

Fitted the new s/s front cover bolts as well,

Looks nice with them on, on closer inspection where i thought paint was peeling off the lower part of the barrels its only really slight bubbling so i'll leave it.

Pleased with them!...:thumb2

I might do that myself, you are right, it's neater than the fork leg job. Thanks for the photo.

She's getting there Smudge, looking good. Bit of work needed on the exhaust and brake pedal now. Go for it !!.

Might be better to Copper Slip the nuts and leave the studs where they are.

Hi Dennis, yes I can see your point there. But the engineering design of most fixings of this type are such that the Stud to Cylinder Head has a coarser pitch than the stud to retaining nut. In theory this allows the retaining nut to be removed and replaced for maintenance without the stud loosening in the head. To frequently remove the stud from the head and lube this thread will increase the chance of the stud loosening when removing the retaining nut, which can't be a good thing. Or what do you think ?.

Back
Top Bottom