Was I just robbed? (battery price)

gabriel_gs

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Just swung by Battersea BMW to get a urgently needed new battery for my 1150GS

I shouldn't complain as I was in a spot and they not only had one, but had one charged and ready to go...

but...

£131???

Motorworks list a "BMW Gel battery original equipment" for £69...

Was I just robbed???

Or am I missing something?

:nenau

Thought so.

I was is a jam, so "shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth" and all that, but that's the last time I'll ever buy from BMW.

I think that's disgraceful.

Think you need to ponder on what that saying means ?

...and yes, they stuck it up you. Did you mention you were stranded before they gave you a price by any chance ?

I can't imagine they'd adjust their price based someone's situation (that's probably a stretch too far, even for them), but just have massively inflated prices

I actually feel quite disgusted.

I can't imagine they'd adjust their price based someone's situation (that's probably a stretch too far, even for them), but just have massively inflated prices

I actually feel quite disgusted.

Theres always room for haggling - unless, of course, they know you're in the shit.

Some Tossers even get their tyres from BMW main agents:nenau

Some Tossers even get their tyres from BMW main agents:nenau

I priced a front from round and black, with carriage and getting someone to fit it, was only a bit cheaper than Coopers at T wells charged to supply and fit.

Any where else to try?

Pretty much the same as SBW quoted me a few months ago. The parts fella tried to tell me, the high price was that the BMW Exide batteries were made to a higher specification that the same battery availble from others suppliers.

I ordered the same spec Exide from a supplier in Enfield with free delivery and saved me approx 50% of the BMW price.
http://www.mdsbattery.co.uk/shop/productprofile.asp?ProductGroupID=2777

Check out www.tayna.co.uk
Varta either £50 or £55
Yuasa £58
Exide £61
Westco AGM £79
Hawker Odyssey AGM £89

It sadly seems that you have been bent over by BMW and regally s******d !

Back
Top Bottom