Ural/Dnepr/Neval outfit?

Dansin

Reaction score
Took my bike over to a suspension shop and he had this outside. It's got Neval on the logbook but is there any way to tell what it is? I thought they were supposed to be slow beasts but he reckons it'll easily pull seventy. :eek:

Its pretty rough around the edges and hand painted, but I kind of like that. :D

11097765974_7fbba05d6c_b.jpg

11097762094_72ac3df199_b.jpg

Tarks is really yer man on this, but that looks like a Dnepr to me, all the way from the sunny Ukraine. Mt 9 or 10 I'd guess, but Tarks can probably tell you the shoe size of the chap who made it!

Took my bike over to a suspension shop and he had this outside. It's got Neval on the logbook but is there any way to tell what it is? I thought they were supposed to be slow beasts but he reckons it'll easily pull seventy. :eek:

Probably talking kph :D

It`s a Dnepr.

Neval were one of the importers and they put their own badges on what they imported and often registered them the same.
Similar confusion arises from SATRA branding all their stuff 'Cossack' when it wasn`t a marque of its own.

Dneprs are Ukrainian as opposed to Urals which are Russian.
Some parts are interchangeable but not all.

You`ll see that the one pictured has an originally right hand sidecar mounted on the left (the sidecar passenger cutout is on the inside rather than the outside) on a probably inverted original right hand sidecar chassis.
That`ll make it an early import as post 1981 they came the 'correct' way.

Whatever model of Dnepr it won`t ever do 70mph...not even off Beachy Head.

As Grumpy Lee jested,the only 70 it`ll happily run at is in kph.

It`s a Dnepr.

Neval were one of the importers and they put their own badges on what they imported and often registered them the same.
Similar confusion arises from SATRA branding all their stuff 'Cossack' when it wasn`t a marque of its own.

Dneprs are Ukrainian as opposed to Urals which are Russian.
Some parts are interchangeable but not all.

You`ll see that the one pictured has an originally right hand sidecar mounted on the left (the sidecar passenger cutout is on the inside rather than the outside) on a probably inverted original right hand sidecar chassis.
That`ll make it an early import as post 1981 they came the 'correct' way.

Whatever model of Dnepr it won`t ever do 70mph...not even off Beachy Head.

As Grumpy Lee jested,the only 70 it`ll happily run at is in kph.

Told you he'd know.

And 70mph only possible when towed behind something.

Thanks for the info. :thumb2 Just got to persuade him to sell it now! :D

I think ...

... its utilitarian heritage is overwhelmed by the unnecessary chrome bling ;)

ps - If you're serious about ownership then pm Toad who has a much more 'sorted' outfit he might be persuaded to part with.

Back
Top Bottom