I like this.........

The side car wheel is in an unusual place, how stable would that be under braking while turing right?

It was a picture posted up by 'LONE RIDER - Adventure motorcycle equipment' on Facebook, sadly there didn't seem to be any other info.

Andres

The screen on the outfit looks perfectly placed to slice your nose off under sharp braking.

Interesting but I wouldn`t call it anything super special.

It's got a bike's swinging arm and rear wheel pivoting on the sidecar chassis.
Probably another KLR unit for compatibility.
The apparent lack of much 'lead' due to the rear wheel position could well make longitudinal stability rather interesting,much in the way that 2WD Urals feel like they're on marbles or 'snaking' compared to the 1WD models which have much more lead.

Highly unlikely to be two wheel drive unless he's rigged up a fluid coupling to the sidecar.

I'd be a bit bothered about the handling if ridden with gusto, because with all the gear it's lugging you can see that half of the front fork travel is already used up,and with all that weight the front end will easily get its knickers in a twist...even with the fork brace he's added.
Hence the usual fitment of leading links...they don't just reduce trail for easier 'steering', they also (when set up correctly) can effectively separate suspension action from braking forces and give a much more constant and steadier handling outfit.

I'd love to know why he's carrying a bald tyre with him. :D

Back
Top Bottom