Suzuki launch their new V-Strom

just like our Gs bikes...hardly ridden anywhere else, actually probably hardly ridden...or should that be ridden at all?..
The old one had a dreadfully soft front end. Wonder how this one compares. Could be a good commuting bike for some .. :thumb2

I was disappointed with my trade in on the F650GS, I think much of this holding value is a myth. I was told when buying my Mitsubishi car that it wouldn't hold it's value, well I paid £3k less for it than similar diesels from the big makes and it is certainly not worth £3k less than a similar age car from one of those big makes now....

As for the new V-strom it has stolen my heart, my F650GS twin which was the best bike I had owned is about 60% the bike that the v-strom is, and the 3k I have saved over a bigger GS well I can't see me losing out anymore than I would have done with the BMW.

Spoke to two Austrians with the new v strom 1000's up on the Grossglockner a fortnight ago, they were in a group with an 1190 ktm a couple of r1200gs wc's , a multistrada sport and a versys 1000.
Both loved their bikes and they weren't struggling to stay with the so called faster bikes or the bm's, must say the red one looked really nice

Bought one ! :D

Love it too, P/ex'd my R1150rt. Got fed up spending hours in the garage fixing things.
Have to say the Strom is good, all day comfortable stock seat, really flickable and planted in the bends too.

Even better now; http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Suzuki-DL...6086891?pt=UK_Motorcycles&hash=item339d853ceb £7670 + £108 OTR charges. With 2yrs Suzuki warrantee. OK its imported, but are`nt they all? A lot cheaper than the Tracer Im going to look at. Descisions, descisions. Well saying that, my last VStrom never broke down and went like a stabbed rat. Will have to check this one out carefully before making a descision.

Really like the look of these and you do seem to be getting a good package for your money....pretty much for the price BM would offer 'to change' from a 2011 GSA to a new one. Tempted to keep the GSA and get one of these. Feel a test ride coming up!

Even better now; http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Suzuki-DL...6086891?pt=UK_Motorcycles&hash=item339d853ceb £7670 + £108 OTR charges. With 2yrs Suzuki warrantee. OK its imported, but are`nt they all? A lot cheaper than the Tracer Im going to look at. Descisions, descisions. Well saying that, my last VStrom never broke down and went like a stabbed rat. Will have to check this one out carefully before making a descision.
There's a few on there for £7495 otr and the 650 for £5495 , now thats cheap motoring !
They even have this years 650 with the spoked tubeless wheels for £5895. I'm guessing a cash over for any of them may get a couple of hundred more.
Bargain motoring and a very good reliable bike.

Just back from the Alps and saw shed loads of the 1000 v stroms ,

Well, I have had a couple- took the 650 strom to Timbuktu and back- 13,000 miles in 25 days. 7 bikes departed, 3 returned- 2 x 650 stroms and a 1000 strom. Left behind, in the sand, were 2xgsa's, 1 x ktm 950, 1 x 100pd. Now have the strom 1000- 0% finance 2 years, 3000 miles last 2 weeks to sth Spain, 68mpg, 270 miles per tank, never missed a beat, just like the 650. No worries on leaving outside when away, as half the value that my gsa was. Spent to gsa change on a Hayabusa...works for me. Recommend+++++ go to York Suzuki- superb. Alistair.

Have to agree Alistair, it's one of the best bikes I've owned, the 2015 DL1000.
Did a swap with a chap last year for our beautiful CB1300 and found it really comfortable, reliable and the dealer in Glasgow is first class, 7,500 mile service for £169 helps.
Loads of power and read somewhere that the ignition is retarded 1st to 4th gear to stop wheelies except after the throttle halfway open point so with maximum torque at 4,000 rpm it's fun finding the extra power at low revs and fuel consumption does not suffer.
Enjoy.

Have to agree Alistair, it's one of the best bikes I've owned, the 2015 DL1000.
Did a swap with a chap last year for our beautiful CB1300 and found it really comfortable, reliable and the dealer in Glasgow is first class, 7,500 mile service for £169 helps.
Loads of power and read somewhere that the ignition is retarded 1st to 4th gear to stop wheelies except after the throttle halfway open point so with maximum torque at 4,000 rpm it's fun finding the extra power at low revs and fuel consumption does not suffer.
Enjoy.
That's easily sorted with a "TRE" modification (timing retard eliminator)

Sent using hocus pocus........... boo!

Back
Top Bottom