Suzuki launch their new V-Strom

it looks half decent , in an ugly sort of way.

i've always said a GS look a like with a good V twin motor would be my ideal.

seat is high or low.

v+strom+seat.jpg

My son had the old 650 version, and I quite liked it. Until you looked at the build quality :eek:

The old one had a dreadfully soft front end. Wonder how this one compares. Could be a good commuting bike for some .. :thumb2

when I had a sit on one at the show it just felt lacking and cheaply built somehow

I had kind of hoped it would be better as I've liked the look of it since the first pictures were released but I think I'll be sticking with the 1150

And on a newly announced bike, you'd back that up how? :nenau

oh just since time began with the suziki GS.G range and most jap bikes.

built like nissan patrols..

BM.s seem to be unreliable, jap bikes don.t.......just my last 30 yrs experience..:rob:augie

Test ride

Well I really enjoyed an hour or so's test ride on it the other day. Really liked the ergonomics, spot on for me, about the same height as my old 07 GS (in that I couldn't get both feet down, I'm 5'9.5"). Not sure how comfie the seat will be over time, was beginning to feel the nether regions by the end of the ride, would have to take it out again to be sure, likewise the screen, happiest in lowest position but I was still buffeted a bit.

Engine spun up nicely - 99 miles on the clock - and seemed to return good mpg, it implied I'd only used 3 mile's worth over the whole ride! What I can't decide on is whether I expected more punch from it, I had to work it more than a boxer, seemed to get to where I wanted to fast enough though.

If I didn't want to spend new GS money I'd really consider it, it has been a while though since I've ridden an upright bike, I should go on to ride the ST, Explorer etc.

I am guessing it would be worth nowt in five years.
Whereas another BMW would get you some dough back..

Sent using witchcraft

Would that be like getting offered £6000 part ex for a 2011 r1200gsa with 11,000 miles and fsh (against a £16,000 2014 model) - a 33 month ols bike that cost £13,000

Would that be like getting offered £6000 part ex for a 2011 r1200gsa with 11,000 miles and fsh (against a £16,000 2014 model) - a 33 month ols bike that cost £13,000

I did say some dough
Dealer has to make a living
That is shocking though hope you told him to swivel

Sent using witchcraft

Out of order that Neil............ Keep their price, Aye for the Dealers. I know they need to make a living but that is truly out of order. For the loyalty of staying with the brand you would think they would be more flexible. If they try that crap with me then I will be out (dragons den) :blast

It did take the shine off looking at the new gsa, to be honest I will not be part exchanging the bike , I know the dealers have to make a profit BUT the fact that they want to make near as dammit £4000 off a part ex as well as whatever profit they would make on the new bike has made me think very carefully about changing the bike.
The new GSA would have to be the most awesome bike ever to make that kind of kick in the b**ls acceptable , if I was tempted my bike will be sold privately.

Back
Top Bottom