Honda SH125 - a brilliant little Scooter for the Winter

Lars1974

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have checked and could not see a thread dedicated to the SH125/150 scooter from Honda - so I thought I start one.

I am riding a SH125i ABS since September this year and use it mainly for my daily commute - 40 mile round trip.

The little scooter is ultra practical and so far 100% reliable. I have added some knuckle guards and also use a scooter blanket (highly recommended) on the colder days!

here are a couple of pics of the BEAST!

IMG-20130916-00344_zpsa3e70528.jpg

IMG-20130916-00345_zps7d2d17ed.jpg

The scooter is powerful enough to float in traffic and slim enough to carve through it. It will even reach above 70mph on the Motorway but its most comfortable between 50-60mph.

with the topbox and underseat storage I get all my gym gear and work gear stored with ease and its all watertight too..

most impressed I am with the fuel economy - i get over 100mpg regardsless of riding style. that is the main reason why i use it as my daily ride...my CB1000R get 30mpg! (has a bit more power though!!!:evil)

I keep track of the fuel consumption as you an see below...

SHfuel_zpsd4106704.jpg

Anyway, who else uses or has used an SH125/150?
I look forward reading your reviews...

Thx Lars

Hey dude - why did you choose that over the pcx125? My PCX has averaged 112 mpg over nearly 6000 miles of use. Not one problem so far it. I've got a Toucano urbano blanket, muffs and Oxford heated grips. Best commuter bike out there !

Hey dude - why did you choose that over the pcx125? My PCX has averaged 112 mpg over nearly 6000 miles of use. Not one problem so far it. I've got a Toucano urbano blanket, muffs and Oxford heated grips. Best commuter bike out there !

i prefer the bigger wheels over the PCX. i have tried the PCX as well.. nice scooter, but the SH offeres a bit more for me...

Re SH125

Hi Lars,

Is there any chance that I might be able to have a chat with you about the SH please?

I'm currently actively looking for one myself, secondhand really, but I'm also very tempted by Honda's current low rate finance offer. I'd be interested to know how your buying / ownership experience has been thus far? if you've got time for a quick chat?

I can't seem to be able to PM you for some reason. "Lars1974 has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her."

If you can PM me with a contact number if you're happy to?

Cheers

Allan

Hi Allan, i cant send pm's either, however here is my mobile number. Feel free to give me a call tomorrow if ok with you. I can of course share my experiences.

07775 715566

Thx Lars

Re SH125

Morning Lars,

Great timing……...

I'm actually popping off at lunch time today to go and collect a January 2013 ABS SH125 in white from Southampton. Its the new stop / start model with 1700 miles on it from a private seller. I think that I've got a decent price on it. £1945? 2010 models seem to be advertised everywhere for about £1750, but I really wanted underseat storage for a helmet and would rather pay a little more to get a newer model, with a bit of warranty left on it.

I did pop down to Hatfields and had a browse and a brief chat, with Bob I think?. I was really pleased to see that they had a demo 125 MODE there, but after having had a good look at it in the showroom, I realised that it had a smaller (14") rear wheel and a 16" front and a drum rear brake. The smaller wheels is the very thing that I wanted to get away from, having already got a smaller wheeled scoot, a Burgman 400. (A little bit of clever marketing from Honda I think).

I therefore decided that it had to be the standard SH with the 16" wheels front and back SH for me. Ive been hunting around for one since, missed a couple etc. Hopefully todays will pan out for me and I'll feed back my findings.

Thanks very much for your advice again. Looking forward to collecting today. :thumb

Glad to here you got a great deal on an SH! They are brilliant. My one is going back soon and I actually just recently bought an S-wing!

Back
Top Bottom