The Tomos has landed

This is nice

<iframe src="//player.vimeo.com/video/81358516" width="500" height="209" frameborder="0" webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen></iframe> <p><a href="http://vimeo.com/81358516">Scintilla Dell'amore - A Moped Film</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/klemenkocjancic">Klemen Kocjancic</a> on <a href="https://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>

Did you know that Tomos builds 40,000 (yes -forty thousand) frames a year for BMW?:rob

That must be a good reason for them to have their own section on here!:thumby:

I'm not an expert on the subject but I think they build about a third of BMW's annual needs which could be anything from a complete frame to just parts like side and centre stands. They build the scooter frames and the rear sub frames for the GS. I'm not sure if that was just the old ones or if it includes the WC's

Oh! And if you think the mopeds look like the Puch's of the 70's you'd be right! Before the emancipation of Slovenia, Tomos was owned by Puch and Daimler.:thumb

Oh! And if you think the mopeds look like the Puch's of the 70's you'd be right! Before the emancipation of Slovenia, Tomos was owned by Puch and Daimler.:thumb

My first 'bike' was a Puch Maxi and the Tomos is so similar in every respect :thumb2

Andres

i can see i.m going to have to get a postie soon...

honda-ct110.jpg

i love those bikes especially the emerald coloured one ,fantastic id love one of those to zip around on you just got to readjust your journey times infact i was looking at getting a solex even more slower but loads of fun and way cool

Yer kidding?!?

Nice one Rob, such cool looking bikes and prob a bit more practical than a Tomos as it'll have a bit more grunt :)
Are you having to import it?

Andres

Sorry Mean't that they will be on their way here soon , I have not bought one ....................yet . I am looking for a mint Mk 2 T Max at the moment , hard to find , but they were built in Japan as opposed to Spain where all the Mk 3 onwards have been built . Had a Mk 1 +2 + 3 T Max and for build the 2 was best .

Sorry Mean't that they will be on their way here soon , I have not bought one ....................yet . I am looking for a mint Mk 2 T Max at the moment , hard to find , but they were built in Japan as opposed to Spain where all the Mk 3 onwards have been built . Had a Mk 1 +2 + 3 T Max and for build the 2 was best .

Ah, fair enough - lovely looking bike though isn't it!

Oh, and you wanted to know if the seat was adjustable on the Tomos - yes it is, by a good 2 inches above the position in the photos on this thread.

Andres

Good review HERE :D:D:D

The timing is nice. They took away my high-spec Range Rover Sport with "ebony and ivory" interior and heated leather seats. Ten minutes later, this little fella turns up: a baby blue 50cc Slovenian scooter called Tomos.

Do they not know who I am? I'm a distinguished motoring correspondent, at a quality international news organisation. Yes, that Sam Wollaston. So! WTF?

It's obviously ridiculous to compare a Range Rover with a Tomos. But because the latter has replaced the former, it's hard not to. At 55kg he weighs 2.6% as much as the Range Rover. Cost, also expressed as a percentage: 1.6. Cost compared with the cost of the audio system on the other: 27.9%. That's right: this whole vehicle costs a little over a quarter the price of the Range Rover's radio! Perhaps now you can understand my slight shock?

Price £1,395
Top speed 28mph
Acceleration 0-60mph in… hahahaha
Fuel consumption 100-110mpg
CO2 emissions N/A but it's a two-stroke, so no prizes for greenness
Green rating 3/10
Cool rating 10/10

Good review HERE :D:D:D

Price £1,395
Top speed 28mph
Acceleration 0-60mph in… hahahaha
Fuel consumption 100-110mpg
CO2 emissions N/A but it's a two-stroke, so no prizes for greenness
Green rating 3/10
Cool rating 10/10

Top speed 28mph..........hahahahahahaha

Andres

you only have to look at ed march to see what you really can do on little bikes id love to go on holiday on a moped or cub like every one on here ive had 50 or so bikes and ive had just as much fun on my old honda 50s as my gsers only difference was as they say "back in the day" you could buy them for £50 or cheaper .id like to find an nsu (not really quickly) quickly or a raliegh runabout and relive my youth

you only have to look at ed march to see what you really can do on little bikes id love to go on holiday on a moped or cub like every one on here ive had 50 or so bikes and ive had just as much fun on my old honda 50s as my gsers only difference was as they say "back in the day" you could buy them for £50 or cheaper .id like to find an nsu (not really quickly) quickly or a raliegh runabout and relive my youth

Cue stories of 'when I were a lad'.............. :D

When I were a lad (14/15) a guy gave our little gang a Puch Maxi he had sitting in the bottom of his garden. Getting that bike road worthy was the start of my love afair with all things mechanical. Who knows, if it wasn't for that little Puch I may never have got into bikes, nor would I have learnt that increasing the size of the exhaust port top and bottom by a couple of mm is not condusive to a long lived engine........... :D ).

Andres

Still some bargains out there.

Bought this a few years back for £100.

Seized up first time i went out on it :mad:

Back
Top Bottom