RISE NOW AND BE A NATION AGAIN !

Yes, it does. There does however need to be some hard data released under the FoI act to confirm what might very well be the self interest of one commited YES campaigner.

Some interesting comments followed on including one about the life expectancy of some Scots being worse than third world countries. It didn't however mention the fact that much of that issue is life style, heavy drinking, heavy smoking etc. and abysmal diet.

There was also a reference to Norway, a similar sized country at a similar latitude with a similar sized population. What it didn't mention is that the percapita GDP of Norway is twice that of Scotland.

hey if we can't project manage the costing and erection of the parliament building i'm pretty sure they couldn't manage a piss up in a brewery.

hey if we can't project manage the costing and erection of the parliament building i'm pretty sure they couldn't manage a piss up in a brewery.

I move for a motion that an Independant Scotland doesn't include Edinburgh ! :rolleyes:
What with the Parliament building and the tram debarkle !

I move for a motion that an Independant Scotland doesn't include Edinburgh ! :rolleyes:

Dinnae be daft, man. An independent Scotland withoot Edinburgh wid be like a Polo Mint - nae centre! That wid jist leave the Weegies tae contaminate the country wi' their deviant ways. An' withoot the stabilising influence of the cultured East Coast, they Doric Loons wid begin tae think they were something special an' as fur the Teuchters and the Doon Hamers....:rolleyes: Nae lad, ye need tae render untae Caesar that which is Caesar's. :rob

It looks like England has enough water - to survive without Scotland, now.

Al

I find it interesting but a bit depressing that the independence debate seems very one dimensional ie Only couched in terms of ££££££££
There is a MUCH larger view here which is the freedom to BE the NATION that existed before the union of the crowns .
All of the discussion is centered around a very narrow horizon fiscal position ,which will be better or poorer depending on how the Scottish people would organise themselves after becoming a nation again .
Millions of humans have fought in struggles for freedom/self determination ,I for one consider it to be a thing of almost ultimate value .
The only thing we have to risk here is a degree of financial band width , in our deciding lifetime
We owe it to those that come after us to be bold ,and make of it what we will
We do not need corrupt Westminster politics to survive
We will be able to manage just as well with our own corrupt politicians ,and being closer we might even be able to wield some useful influence:D
It seems to me also that the populace think that everything that A Salmon says will come to pass under independence ,forgetting that although they are the ones driving the agenda at the moment,the Scottish electorate will after independence vote in/out whosoever they wish.
At the moment the majority views seem all to the left wing in Scotland
It was NOT always thus
:beerjug:

I'm a proud contributor and a tax payer to the United Kingdom. I have and hope to continue to pay considerable more tax than the average person.

I have no desire to define myself and others like me as a separate group and break away from the Union because of this...

I'm a proud contributor and a tax payer to the United Kingdom. I have and hope to continue to pay considerable more tax than the average person.

I have no desire to define myself and others like me as a separate group and break away from the Union because of this...

You get higher up the earnings table as you approach retirement, and the Government says "You can afford to pay more tax". What they should be saying is - "keep more and use in your retirement"

Insurance policies - an absolute necessity................................ Tax the premiums!

Stamp Duty - "We think you are making money out of moving house (even downsizing to liberate some retirement funds) - We'll have a chunk of that!"

4x4 cars - get the public to hate the owners........ then tax them higher!

VAT, Capital gains etc............... taxed at every opportunity............................ :mad:

Private Pensions - Let's tax these to the extent that they are no longer worthwhile.............

All those feckin' taxes - for what? :nenau

A bunch of robbing cnuts - nothing less :mad:

A smaller, more accountable government is the way forward.

Al :flag

Couldn't care less what your desire is. Unless Harpenden has suddenly shifted north by 300 miles, you have no say in the vote in September so it would be wise for you to stay out of this thread.:flag

So you pay considerably more tax than the average person? WOW!!!! Thanks for sharing

Couldn't care less what your desire is. Unless Harpenden has suddenly shifted north by 300 miles, you have no say in the vote in September so it would be wise for you to stay out of this thread.:flag

Bbbbbbut he pays more tax than average people. He's speshul. Didn't you know?

Why should he, this is an open thread on an open internet forum? Or will the new Scottish nation not tolerate freedom of speech?

If you do vote for independence make sure you vote based on facts not some spurious utopian vision spouted by slippery salmon who seems to be adopting a series of bullying tactics to suppress the debate for a No vote. Merry Christmas all.:D

As my Hibernian colleague would put it, "go fuck yerself". Merry Christmas, I'm off to baste a sprout.

I find it interesting but a bit depressing that the independence debate seems very one dimensional ie Only couched in terms of ££££££££
There is a MUCH larger view here which is the freedom to BE the NATION that existed before the union of the crowns .
All of the discussion is centered around a very narrow horizon fiscal position ,which will be better or poorer depending on how the Scottish people would organise themselves after becoming a nation again .
Millions of humans have fought in struggles for freedom/self determination ,I for one consider it to be a thing of almost ultimate value .
The only thing we have to risk here is a degree of financial band width , in our deciding lifetime
We owe it to those that come after us to be bold ,and make of it what we will
We do not need corrupt Westminster politics to survive
We will be able to manage just as well with our own corrupt politicians ,and being closer we might even be able to wield some useful influence:D
It seems to me also that the populace think that everything that A Salmon says will come to pass under independence ,forgetting that although they are the ones driving the agenda at the moment,the Scottish electorate will after independence vote in/out whosoever they wish.
At the moment the majority views seem all to the left wing in Scotland
It was NOT always thus
:beerjug:

I'm with you all the way Symon. It's a cliché but the world really is full of people who know the price of everything and the value of nothing. :thumb2

However, when we come to the last two lines, you may well be correct that it wasn't always thus because the ruling classes were in charge. We have got better though and Scotland will be all the better for being a more egalitarian society.

Happy Yule.....:rob

The Scottish Parliament building was managed by the same people as the MI5 / MI6 building till 1999 which was also a huge cost.
http://www.theguardian.com/uk/2000/feb/18/richardnortontaylor

Been listening to the propaganda from the British Bullshit Corporation Morty?

mmm so if i allocate millions to companies to carry out work & it goes tits up its not my fault,i want to work for you & blow your cash cos it's not my fault.this wasn't a oh we're going to be over budget,the goal posts changed every month and the powers at be let it roll on & on not to mention letting fecking terrorists go home because they were feeling ill fecking shameful & a bunch of cnuts.

you obviously haven't read the white paper? more holes than a fishing net & it seems as if they are in no hurry to provide the financial information required to back it up.ask yourself this "if you were a bank & you were given the white paper as a business plan you would laugh your tits off & show them the door"

Back
Top Bottom