off road??green lanes??

kyle

Reaction score
does any one put there know if there are any nice long off road
trails greenlanes etc in the upper half of this wonderful wet windy little island we live on ..have you ever tried them on gs ... where are they..etc..any info would be great..cheers:beerjug:

Green Lanes

Hi Kyle

Have been looking myself for some time. Found a website which I now cant find again, but i'll keep looking. Anyway this site promoted green lanes and mentioned Co Antrim forest area but wouldn't be specific in case I was a peeler . I suppose that means the area it must be illegal. This person also mentioned Omagh area, I think he was referring to Gortin Park area. But again would not be specific.

Not much help I suppose but ir's all I have.

Regards

thanks for that raindancer . thought this thread must have fallen off the planet as no one had any ideas,,maybe there just arent any...cheers:beerjug:

Trails

Try Donegal in the NORTH of IRELAND! (1/50,000 O/S Maps)

P.J.

Kyle
Don't green lane myself, but I know that Phillip Mc Callan spends, or used to anyway, a lot of time in the Gortin Glen Forest Park area outside Omagh.

Give him a shout if you're passing the shop in Lurgan.

Failing that contact the "Estates Office" in Baronscourt Estate in Tyrone and ask there.
Tel..02881661683

www.barons-court.com

Cheers
Jimmy C:moped:

Another wee idea would be to contact............johnporter11@aol.com

He runs the North of Ireland Motor Club and organises all kinds of off road events...............some to suit the GS brigade too.

A Lot of it happens,as PJ says, in Donegal.

There you go mate

Jimmy C :moped:

Well Well !

If its all happenin in them thar hills .
That ,ll be the hills of Donegal then !
Loadsa this in this area .
Just a few that come tey mind .

Shrove , Going through Greencatle out the Shrove road on the
lower road ,past the golf links , you will pass by shrove
strand ,then on your immediate left you will see the track
it goes out into the hills for about 4 Mls
Stranglove has been out there , so you can ask him for better
directions.
Mamore gap : on the Urris side at the bottom of the hill
Keep on the lower road ,you will see the track , this one goes
up the hill for about 2 Mls ., Unless your a hero and may want to fall off one of the Cliff edges .
On the main Buncrana To Carndonagh road there are several wee hill tracks out into the hill . One that i can think of one the main Clonmany road.
Over in the west of the county theres an abundance of hill tracks , none of which i have been on but they are there.
I am not overly sure this is what your lookin !
Sponge bob has Grid referances "n" stuff i will ask maybe he will advise further he is into this in a big way , he just bought a Tenere , but i think it is too heavy for this stuff , he had a great picture of it sank tey the seat .

The above one s are do,able on a GS. Some of the other wans are deffo NO way on GS , she would just sink !

ooooh...

Mamore gap : on the Urris side at the bottom of the hill
and then?...does it "go" anywhere or just peter out? - i'd have thought you'd run out of road, p1ss off a sheep farmer and get hopelessly bogged down.literally.:confused:

i always wanted to take a bike up to the Gap itself (from the Urris side) and sorta "turn left at the Well" - go along the hilltop and keep on going until i reached the Cross (Clonmany):D

oh - this idea was thought up when i was about ten years old and is probably completely unfeasible;) :) :D
Og

Aye, Donegal's the place for this sort of stuff, I've been along several 'challenging' bog roads on the GS, bit further west than Civil, up around Sheephaven. You'd really need an OS map to find them, but there's a cracker off the Glen/Milford mountain road - take next left past Lough Natooey which takes you across the hill to Carrigart - part gravel, part pot-holed tarmac. Couple more off the Glen/Kilmacrennan raod over Lough Salt Mountain. If you're interested, I'll meet up and point them out on the OS map sometime.

Back
Top Bottom