Full Fat Tours - the Own Bike USA Coast to Coast to Coast Tour

Andy Bishop

Reaction score
GS the perfect bike

A short post to introduce Full Fat Tours (see www.fullfattours.com) We ship the bikes, book the flights and accommodation and ride/support the tour. 8,000 miles in 23 riding days seeing many of the iconic USA sights (Mount Rushmore, Death Valley, Grand Canyon, San Francisco, Las Vegas, Yellowstone National Park, Sturgis, Bonneville Salt Flats .... and we ride some of the top USA roads.

I'll post some more tour images in the next day or so

Bw

Andy

The USA is somewhere I intend riding across in the next year or two, I just can't fathom how you could see all the sights in 23 days of solid riding...unless "seeing" means riding past them ? I suppose it works for those with very limited time ??

The USA is somewhere I intend riding across in the next year or two, I just can't fathom how you could see all the sights in 23 days of solid riding...unless "seeing" means riding past them ? I suppose it works for those with very limited time ??

To be fair their website does say:-
"visiting over 20 USA states and many of the iconic tourist sights – albeit often only for a few hours ...... i.e. just long enough for a short stop off and to capture it on film."

Place I've never really fancied, road wise, but after reading some threads on here some off road stuff would defiantly,,, suit you sir,,,,

Don't believe all that shite you read about US roads KGB, there are cracking roads aplenty to ride. The scenery, especially out west is spectacular too. :thumb2

Davey, our tour is not a sightseeing trip with a bit of biking on the side. We don't allow for full days sightseeing or don't have more than one night at each hotel stop. Our tour is a biking adventure that involves a fair few miles each day, but let me assure you that there is still time in the day to take in the sights, as you can see from our website gallery. Our tour is fully supported by two riding bikes (each of which are available, and expect, to lead groups of those on the tour) and a support vehicle. We provide fully detailed day by day routebooks, as well as satnat way points. Those on our tour need to have a certain level of biking experience and many feel a real sense of achievement at the end of the tour.

Don't believe all that shite you read about US roads KGB, there are cracking roads aplenty to ride. The scenery, especially out west is spectacular too. :thumb2

Couldn't agree more Aidan. There are some cracking roads, some are well known (eg Beartooth Pass), other less so (eg some of the roads we take through South Dakota cowboy country). Andy

To be fair their website does say:-
"visiting over 20 USA states and many of the iconic tourist sights – albeit often only for a few hours ...... i.e. just long enough for a short stop off and to capture it on film."

We set off around 8am and plan to be at our hotel at the end of the day between 4 and 7pm ..... but I think you'd be surprised how much we can fit in in the day. Andy

£5250 rider, £3700 pillion according to the website!

For that you get fully insured bike shipping, return scheduled flights, 23 nights accommodation (light breakfast is included in most hotels) and support (2 riding bikes and a back up vehicle), as well as routebook etc

We set off around 8am and plan to be at our hotel at the end of the day between 4 and 7pm ..... but I think you'd be surprised how much we can fit in in the day. Andy

I wasn't having a pop, just pointing out to another poster what your website says.
Good luck in the new venture.

it seems great value. It isn't my cup of tea in as much as I'd want to spend 3 x the time to do it (with my wife)
Best of luck with the venture. It should prove successful as the pricing really is spot on

it seems great value. It isn't my cup of tea in as much as I'd want to spend 3 x the time to do it (with my wife)
Best of luck with the venture. It should prove successful as the pricing really is spot on

Davey I can appreciate that. But with limited time (3+ weeks) I think one would be hard pressed to see as much.

As far as value is concerned, our price is inclusive of flights, bike shipping and 23 nights' accommodation plus support (two riding bikes and a support vehicle in the event of misadventure). We think that equates to excellent value for money.

Advance notice that BIKE magazine has a touring supplement due out with end of January BIKE magazine publication covering six continents. Full Fat Tours are one of two companies featured for North America. Enjoy.

Back
Top Bottom