Roll up roll up

Charlie Stubs

OK you ugly bunch of Tossers, it looks like Rocks has been wedged by someone and can’t continue organising this week end, so being the kind chap that I am I’ve stepped in.

I’ve been around here for almost 2 years now but kept a low key hence the first post so treat me kindly.

So come on up/down/across to sunny Wales because this one is going to promise some stunning rides and some seriously bad mornings after.

50 + rooms are booked up at the Hand Hotel so things are moving along, be quick though as this looks like we may take over the Hotel.

Who’s going to organise a couple of rides then, Sorebum are you still offering to do the offroad one?

http://www.ukhotel.com/north-wales/hand-hotel.htm

Charlie Stubs said:
it looks like Rocks has been wedged by someone and can’t continue organising this week end

What does this mean?

What’s happened to the man of infinite questions?

:confused:

Charlie

Yep I'm still up for leading the dirt rides. When I spoke to Rocks he doubted that anyone would want to do 2 full days of dirt riding, but based on the turnout and enthusiasm of the 2002 Llangollen do there are people who would be up for it.

Looking at the maps I think I'd plan rides as follows:

Start 10am Saturday and ride a mix of narrow tarmac and slow rutted, muddy trails. Stop for an hour's pub lunch some time between 12 and 2. Aim to stop dirt and head back to Llangollen some time between 4 and 6. Plenty of break-off points for people getting tired / wounded.

Start 10am Sunday - shorter version of the Saturday run. Different trails, different challenges - still tending to be slow and technical.

Both runs would require TKC80s or similar, or some real skill and luck with the weather.

I'd reuse some of the trails from last time and add some new to keep the old guard happy.

What do you think?

BTW have you spoken to any of the break-away GS Club UK people about getting this event covered by the club and so covered by insurance?

Simon
sorebums at yahoo.co.uk

Simon, you are a gentleman.

So we have the off road ride outs covered. Does anyone fancy planning a couple of road routes, is this not your playground Henry?

Haven’t spoken to the other club, if anyone has a claim they can come and see me :shoot:

What's the gen on those of us who said we would camp, do we need to book?
Thanks
Brian.

As Mr Rocks said earlier, camping is available at the Eirianfa Riverside Holiday Park.

The Campsite has shower rooms, laundry, shop and gated parking area, so bikes should be fairly secure.

The cost is £4 per person per night. Might be slightly more for larger tents.

The site is 1 mile from the Hand Hotel. And taxi costs between £2 - £2.50.

The Campsite details are below :
Eirianfa Riverside Holiday Park
Berwyn Road
Llangollen
Denbighshire
LL20 8AD
Tel: 01978 860919

Multi Map here : MAP TO CAMPSITE

Please book directly with the camp site.

Cheers Charlie..

Hi Guys.. sorry for the lack of posts etc.. lately..

Charlie is taking over the event, due to my circumstances meaning i cannot garentee to be able to spend time on the event. I have recently started new work and am about fingers crossed to be relocating.. so Paul kindly asked Charlie to step in and keep up the good work..

I hope to still be coming along in may as i am booked in to the hotel.. and i am sure Charlie will get everything sortted.. so CHEERS Charlie.. and good luck. See you there for some

:beerjug:

Charlie Stubs said:

So we have the off road ride outs covered. Does anyone fancy planning a couple of road routes, is this not your playground Henry?

Hi Charlie if you get stuck I can do a road route, in fact did one in 2002 and a few others since. I know the area well so planning would be minimal, just turn up and follow the tosser wearing a Blue Tour X.

Tim

timolgra said:
Hi Charlie if you get stuck I can do a road route.

Tim

Tim, looks like you're d'man if you're offering, as North Wales is your territory I’m sure you can put together an interesting route.

Anybody complain if i do this on my XT600 Yam? No, thinking about that, it is incorrectly worded as you're the biggest whinging bastards i've had the mispleasure to come acrosss (ooer missus) in a bloody long while. Am i allowed to do this on my XT 600 Yam.
HENRY
Have a nice day.

Henry Mawson said:
Anybody complain if i do this on my XT600 Yam?

Henry, the first time I saw you, you scared the sh*t out of me, now I'm not so sure why. If your really not man enough to ride a big bike these day of course nobody will complain (to your face that is),:D :D :D

And of course we can come up with routes for the lads.

Your whinging bastard mate Tim

Henry Mawson said:
Anybody complain if i do this on my XT600 Yam? No, thinking about that, it is incorrectly worded as you're the biggest whinging bastards i've had the mispleasure to come acrosss (ooer missus) in a bloody long while. Am i allowed to do this on my XT 600 Yam.
HENRY
Have a nice day.
Henry, if anyone complains you knock em off and I’ll ride over them, how does that sound. :moped:

sorebums said:
Henry

Has anyone mentioned that Charlie Stubbs' avatar looks exactly like you?

Simon
Simon all I’m upset now, I thought I was the only good looking one around this place and now you’re telling me I have Henry as competition, I’m gutted ;)

Yeah your right Tim,
All those years of kicking hippies heads in, "done for me knees it has Guvenor". I of course want to off road my awesome GS, and i could easily (well ok maybe not easily cos my balance is not as finely tuned as it was) for maybe the next year or so. But Kirsten says have have to stay in the game for the whole nine yards and if that means employing a tad of self preservation, then so be it. Good thing is of course, my self preservation is brand new as i've only just started using it;0)
Best tell (ask if i can come that is) her we are orft to Langolen in May then.
Love you all.
HENRY

Charlie Stubs said:
Simon all I’m upset now, I thought I was the only good looking one around this place and now you’re telling me I have Henry as competition, I’m gutted ;)

Hah!

We ought to form a band...

First time I was in the Hand Hotel the manager mistook me FOR Henry!

The sight of the two of us side by side at the bar at dawn must've un-nerved a few:beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom