Garmin 2610 that dislikes cold weather

NS3230

Reaction score
Use and like the 2610, which is perfect for my limited needs, but am having a few issues.
Two have de-laminated, which I presume is a result of their age, or might this be a consequence of the unit remaining fitted to the bike everyday? Was quoted a screen replacement for about £60 once but didn't follow this up as funds were low. Has anyone here taken advantage of this service and have opinions?
The current issue is that my second one, which worked admirably for past year, has recently decided not to respond to my wishes when the weather is remotely cold ( say 5' or less). Using finger pressure, the TT stylus, or a pen, it will not allow on-screen selections to be made. This example, like my previous one has delaminated and is currently wrapped in cling-film for rain protection. Note that on bringing the unit to the warmth indoors it functions perfectly, until I return it to its designated habitat!
Sensible suggestions, which do not include spending £00's appreciated.
Cheers, Neal

Use and like the 2610, which is perfect for my limited needs, but am having a few issues.
Two have de-laminated, which I presume is a result of their age, or might this be a consequence of the unit remaining fitted to the bike everyday? Was quoted a screen replacement for about £60 once but didn't follow this up as funds were low. Has anyone here taken advantage of this service and have opinions?
The current issue is that my second one, which worked admirably for past year, has recently decided not to respond to my wishes when the weather is remotely cold ( say 5' or less). Using finger pressure, the TT stylus, or a pen, it will not allow on-screen selections to be made. This example, like my previous one has delaminated and is currently wrapped in cling-film for rain protection. Note that on bringing the unit to the warmth indoors it functions perfectly, until I return it to its designated habitat!
Sensible suggestions, which do not include spending £00's appreciated.
Cheers, Neal

Had a new screen on mine last year, no problems since. Well worth the cost as you say around 60 pounds all in.

John

Back
Top Bottom