Pictures and live action thread.....

IJGser

Reaction score
Just thought i'd start a new thread as I'm about to leave home and swap to tapatalk connectivity ;)

So, live updates and pictures can be posted here :thumb2 Also a good place for packer to let us know how his trip down from Scotland is going :augie

Bring it on :beer: :jager :barf :tears :ChrisKelly

:natter:natter:natter

:sleep

Live action thread :eek: bunch of drunken tossers:beer: in a field performing general buffoonery:friday.A web cam feed and it will almost be Big Brother :D Hopefully without coverage of the morning hangovers :barf

Hmm yes, live action? Maybe a bad choice of words :) just can't be bothered checking multiple threads on my phone over the next couple of days. And once mike leaves home that's the last we will see of him online until he gets back! Although any urgent problems you can call his Mobil. 07786 340692.

Wood sorted

ebuhu5u4.jpg

Tents up

u7e8ezum.jpg

First tosser, complete with portaloo

megy6yhu.jpg

Thoroughly pi55ed off to be working tomorrow. Really fancied popping across for brekkie :hogroast & the road race. :moped: :moped: :moped: :moped: :moped:

Man Down

Battery on my RT was flat this morning. Went to swap bikes and dropped the RT.

Picking it up I felt the muscles in my right arm tear. Managed to get RT back in the garage but now don't have the strength to get the g/s back in and shuffle them about so they fit. Will try later when the father-in-law comes to visit.

There's no way I could ride today, so I'm out.

I will pop along late afternoon in the car to see everyone and join for the meal.

Sorry I won't be with you today.

:(

Have a great day!

Hi

Please pass our apologies to Mikey for not being able to make this one. It's a lovely sunny day and I'm stuck on the computer and Amanda's got 33 undergraduate assignments to mark for monday :eek:
Guess we extended Xmas a little longer than we should have :blast

Enjoy

More pictures and live update please.
Those of us keeping the wheels of industry turning need some crumbs from your table :fiddle

Forgot to say that was one of the shallow ones

It was indeed!

Who's the novice paddling through :nenau :D

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Gzin0e6w4nk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Andres

That was 'expertly' done....bet that water was nippy!!!!

Some piccies to follow but, once again, I gotta thank Mike and Ian for organising such a fun w/e's riding and great venue.

What had started of as a casual winter camp/trail ride kinda thing snowballed into a mini ukGSer event with Mike being press-ganged into organising it - he did all 21 peeps proud, great pub, great veggie food (the dead animal stuff looked ok too I suppose :thumb) and some rather nice ales.

Anyway, sod all that that, what we'd all really come for was to go out and get dirty on the bikes, either on road with Arkwright generously sorting a route and taking the big bikes out or our little group of seven out on pogos and a dead cool (RT conversion?) airhead.

Saturday morning bright and early and as Simon and I arrive everybody's all up and scoffing bacon cobs

A rose between two thornes, oh, and Simon and Ian getting serious......

Eye, eye

Arkwright ready for the off.........

You may have noticed that it's rained a bit lately, this is what it does to trails in flat low lying areas :eek

Mike goes up in a puff of smoke :D

When it's wet it tends to get a little muddy :D

Some of the boys; Ian, Mike, Geoff and Ol' big ears Simon :aidan

Geoff and his kill for the day (a foot peg)........

Some grumpy old git.........

Ian looking like he knows where he's going......

Getting thoroughly soaked and then sharing your tent with wet, muddy bike gear in sub zero temps (with a totally unsuitable sleeping bag) shouldn't have been fun but it fecking was, top fun.........other than not being able to get my boot on my peg leg 'cos it had frozen solid this morning so hobble over to the brazier to get it defrosted. Been home a few hours now but i've only just warmed through properly now. It'll all make work tomorrow morning just that little bit more bearable - cheers again all :)

Andres

Looks like a good time had,after having to give it a miss this year:mad: I hope there is another one in the future.

Some more pics and can only echo the massive thanks to Mike and Ian for putting this together and special thanks to Arkwright for putting together the road ride Cheers Guys :beerjug:

Cheers Ian & Mike for some cracking trails. Certainly made a change from the Peaks.
Looks like the après riding was good too. DRZ washed down today, riding gear can wait awhile. Thanks again. :clap

Big thankyou to Mike and Ian and Arkwright for the effort put in. "Ya done good !" :clap Thoroughly enjoyed it and the company, but I'm still fekkin thawing out. Thanks again.

Forgot where these places are sorry.

L1050642_zps4fa63cd0.jpg

L1050648_zpsd35d3c1a.jpg

L1050646_zpse417dc67.jpg

Some grumpy old git.........

Andres

I'm sure I recognise that grumpy old git. It's Dave Gorman isn't it?

Some great pics there, looks like a good time but I must admit I didn't think you were all bonkers when I got up yesterday morning & saw just how frosty it was. :eek:

Back
Top Bottom