R100gs Ratbike...not

Tony Hawkins

I am the owner of a 93 R100GS and love the bike dearly,however I have been shedding it's weight at every opportunity. The nose fairing ,front and back mudguards,crashguards,panier rails have all been discarded/replaced. (At the expense of the side stand and Oil cooler) . Soon I want to start on the rear subframe, I do not want to modify the original but am hoping to either fabricate or modify another. Does anyone have any experiance in such mods or a suggest source of a shorter subframe for single seat purposes.
Ps Any suggestions on a different method of relocating the side stand and oil cooler without the crash bars would be useful as well

-----
Tony H
The Man who doesn't need to drop his petrol tank
on the garage floor.Ouch!

Can't help with the sub frame bit but for the side stand you should contact Bracken. They ( I bought ) do a Sure foot replica. It works well & seems pretty strong compared to the spindly original.
As for the oil cooler. Touratech ( also at Bracken ) do a relocation kit. Usually used when fitting a massive petrol tank. The cooler will sit where the horn is now.

-----
Howard , R100GS&TS200R

Have just recieved a nice ST subframe in the post and it fits nicely with no mods barring the saddle, but I was looking to change that cos an ironing board is more comfy than the standard jobby. Chrimbo in the garage with me spanners....bliss!

-----
Tony H
The Man who doesn't need to drop his petrol tank
on the garage floor.Ouch!

I e-mailed Bracken fairly recently and they told me they no longer supply the bolt on sidestand. Pity, the standard one is crap

Back
Top Bottom