STELVIO TEST RIDE TOMORROW

Well there will be many on here who think you're bonkers (me included), but who cares! Owning and riding a motorbike is about how it makes you feel and the journeys you go on, not the paper specifications.

Enjoy your new steed, and post some pics of it in white! :thumb

I almost bought one when I bought my wc,but thought I'd give the new bm a go.

For me the Stelvio is a much nicer bike to ride than the 1200WC and although the wc has 20 more horses the Stelvio is no slouch, and on the stuff that I like riding I thought the Stelvio was just as quick as the wc.Where the wc's extra oomph is evident is on dual carriage ways and motorways but seeing as I avoid these roads at all costs I don't think it's going to make any difference,had I have wanted sheer gut power I'd have gone with the explorer.

Anyone who's ridden with me will tell you I like to get on a bit, and the Stelvio never left me wanting.

As JB suggested it's not all about speed and power but how the bike makes you feel.

I never really gelled with the wc,most probably down to it's issues,and I must admit that after 25yrs of bmw ownership I am a little nervous,but lifes short and sometimes we have to follow our hearts.

If you've never ridden a new Stelvio,go and have a go,you might be surprised.

Steve

what, you wouldn't get reamed by a bmw dealer chopping in a recent model?

I wouldn't p/x, maybe sell privately first & then do a deal

In 2005, the last new BMW I bought things were much more favourable than in today's BMW motorcycle modern retail emporium where you do get reamed for sure

Back
Top Bottom