Mill Garages

Picked my 1200 gs last week they hadnt put the autocom on as requested, silly but easy mistake I think. What I find really annoying is not getting my calls returned. hope this is a blip.

Steve V

My exposure to Mill was lots of verbal soft soap but the actions never matched up.
This was all obtained during a 14 month tenure of a new order 1150GSA.
The issues were many but included niggles like jet washing off the decals after a service?
Replacing a Petrol Tank under warrenty (rusting welds) and not checking the delivered part until after I turn up for fitting. It was an unpainted tank.
Giving out service bikes with Zero fuel and flat tires.
But the biggy which ended it and my BMW ownership was the recall swingarm swop. Which was done without issue until 2Kmiles later (after a trip to spain) when the rear wheel had 5mm of play and was propably due to crappy reassembly of the various bearings.
My other gripes were more related to crappy build quality so dont relate direct to Mill and more to BMW themselves.

Which is all a big shame as I actually really liked my 1150GSA, or would have it hadnt been such a lemon

I must speak as I find, I bought my first GS off them and got the same PX deal as I was offered off M&S which was disappointing for me, (no dealer wanted my 900 hornet).
When I wanted a 1200gs they could not supply one as fast as I wanted, so I went elsewhere, they were still helpful with the 600 mile service, and there are no hard feelings from them.
I must say that I find all the staff friendly and would have no problem with recommending any rider to give them a go.
Let's face it you can't please all of the people all of the time.

Bought a 1200Gs from Mill in late April this year, have no major gripes with them, as much coffee and biscuits as you can force down, traded in a 2003 Yam XJR1300 which I had repaired after doing a flip on it, got £3350 even though it was plainly obvious it had been dropped. When picking it up even though I had an appointment booked for 16:30, was still sitting at almost 18:00. Just had it in for first service, mentioned rattly tappets, was told they would be adjusted, but don't sound any better to my Jap tuned lugs, will have to wait and see.

:yikes biscuits!!!???? thats it that is the final straw we didn't get any biscuits!!! :mad:

A little late I know but........

Please read this in the knowledge that I understand the negative attitude issue and avoid it at all costs, I remain courteous and friendly even in the face of adversity and do believe that you get what you give!

Visited Mill late last year to investigate buying 2 x F650GS's plus riding gear + Touratech stuff i.e. £16k's worth or thereabouts. Paul & Mark(?) full of 'do you a good deal for 2 and gear' talk so after Christmas returned. Yes, a good deal could be done and yes they could take my Z3 in as part ex. bring it in and lets talk.

Took the car down and was offered below book price - apparently they dont make any profit on the bikes. So, I said what about a cash price if I sell the car privately, we will work something up they said.

Phonecall came a couple of days later - full list price on everything - not a bean of discount forthcoming. Again I had it explained to me that they dont make any profit on the bikes. I began to feel sorry for them and considered donating a few coppers for the coffee.

Decided to try elsewhere, one e-mail later I had saved £1k. Got the bikes from Balderston in Peterborough with excellent service and attention from TJ.

Went back to Mill last week (bought a car from them - so genuine customer here with a sad penchant for anything BMW) and popped in to see Paul who was obviously a bit upset that after I had been told no discount I had gone elsewhere and not returned Marks further calls.

I put this to one side and asked him about the £200 GS1 boots on display and could I try some on. After a quick rummage was told none in stock, see the parts department was the reply. As I went out there on display where another pair in my size. The parts guy let me try them on, produced an invoice (in a very friendly manner - confirming parts dept. attitude from earlier response) and I paid. Overall not left feeling the whole 'customer delight' bit?

Are there any other dealers around the North East of England? I am in Darlington and seriously thinking of changing my ZZR1200 for a R1200GS. I test rode one at mill and was fairly happy about the service but not amused at the £2500 excess they put on for the test ride that they had invited me to take. Tried the K1200s also but think I want to got to a more sedate form of ride.

Cheers, Jerry

I bought my first BM from Mill a few years ago, but when I changed it to another GS Adventure in March of this year, I ended up buying from Rainbow in Rotherham. They beat both Mill & Jeffries by almost £300 on trade-in values, and their customer service is second to none.

Regards,

Charles

Back
Top Bottom