newbie to this forum

bettyswallocks

Reaction score
Hi all, just bought a GS1200 with all the gadgets on board.

I am from the east riding of Yorkshire and love to ride in North Yorkshire/dales.

I have a question for anyone that can help, my Gs is equipped wit ABS/ASC and the owners manual it not that clear on how you activate and deactivate the 2 systems, I think I have sussed it, but im still not sure if its activated :nenau anyone give me a step by step guard in there own language please.

Look forward to hearing from anyone:)

BS

Hi There, welcome to the forum,
ok, if your GS has the ABS/ASC button as one, then when you fire the bike up in neutral, if you press and hold the button once you will see a Letter S with a line around it showing on your display, this indicates that your stabilty control is now off (great for wheelies), if you keep it pressed for a longer period, a Triangle will appear on your clock display and your Brake Failure light will be permanantly on, this is now your ABS off.
however when you turn your ignition off, or stall the bike and start it again, all these safety features will be ON again.
hope this helps and have fun on the bike

Hi kirk, thanks for this. I did scroll through the different modes and the hand book does say " or turn off the ignition" however it didn't say that all the safety features would now be active again. anyway that's cleared that up, I just need a dry warmish day now.

BS:beerjug:

This might not be in the correct thread, however I will ask anyway!! anyone ever had anything to do with a dealership called Roy Pidcocks ???

Back
Top Bottom