Survivor Chop

both,mate...both .

i thought John Reed,s place was in Didcot ?
He,s head honcho at zodiac custom in california last i heard.

Maybe he had a couple of places. There's plenty of references to the Leicester setup on the internet (Where I nicked the picture from)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/fitzsimons/sets/72157625319057317/with/5198173894/

Found this one http://www.choppertownnation.com/profile/NigelStaley nige Staley is the guy on the right of the picture (in the long coat)

And shit brown for the bloke at the bottom? :D

At the factory where i did my time it was

Brown - Green - Blue - White

Brown - Shit head, just about sweep the floor
Green - Apprentice and semi skilled
Blue - Welder, Sprayer, Driver etc
White - Management

I went Green-Blue-White- Suit..........those where the days!!

At the factory where i did my time it was

Brown - Green - Blue - White

Brown - Shit head, just about sweep the floor
Green - Apprentice and semi skilled
Blue - Welder, Sprayer, Driver etc
White - Management

I went Green-Blue-White- Suit..........those where the days!!

Au contraire, mon frère..... White coat = intelligent with no practical ability..think "lab coat"
Brown coat= skilled artisan..or knowledgeable "old geezer"....think the guy behind the parts desk on a Saturday morning who knew every part without resorting to the fiche

Brown coat is the Zen master, the Jedi of the coat order.

Au contraire, mon frère..... White coat = intelligent with no practical ability..think "lab coat"
Brown coat= skilled artisan..or knowledgeable "old geezer"....think the guy behind the parts desk on a Saturday morning who knew every part without resorting to the fiche

So they made you wear a brown coat and said it was because you were "special"? :augie :D

I remember dropping stuff to him in the 70's on a farm between Didcot and Wallingford, only went there twice but i'm bloody sure it was him and it was near there. The guy was a legend, but unfortunately he used Don Bloxidge for his engraving, not us!

In the late 70's and early 80's most of my mates had Chops... But I was on the Z bandwagon... Me and a guy called Chris had em all...the weapon of choice Z650 ( could not afford the 900 even then) then a mate got a GS Thou... Started an arms race... I went all GPZ crazy 750 turbo/1100 then in 1984 I went GPZ 900R..... I did have a brief fling with a T140 Bonnie in UK Spec around 82.... But it was shit..

I remember a guy called Karl had a US spec Bonnie, he turned up one night at the pub with 6" overs screwed into his forks.. Do you remember them..?? Fucking lethal...hen pulled up at an adverse camber and could not reach the ground ended up in a ditch with the bike on top of him... O how we laughed....Chris could wheelie the GS Thou anywhere and at any time...we all belonged to a club called the "Crazy Riders MC" which was a great laugh until the Windsor Chapter turned up one night and took our "patches"......... Still at least we didn't take a thumping..it was around the time of the shooting in the New Forest at Roundhill...

One of the local guys had those screw in extensions in his Bonnie. The threads were below the bottom yoke, he hit a bump and the threads ripped out dumping in a heap. Great laugh if it's somebody else.

i did the Z thing as well. Nothing else was in the same league at the time. The z650 was the best one, it handled much better than the bigger bikes. Mine had an alpha 4-1 which sounded terrible.

I had a Marshall deep tone.......the Alpha was a real skinny thing was it not..?? Sure I had one of them on the Honda...

Here's mine and my plaggy pig - I'd forgotten how bad that seat looked

Dill059.jpg

Z650's were very popular where i came from, mostly with the girls, seems they were easier to ride, the bikes too!

Put down the rose tints..and step away from the nostalgia trip......:D

Ahhhh... And it never rained, you could get ten fags and pissed for a fiver, the factory girls would be happy to give you a BJ at the Xmas party, K&Q seats looked cool....biking gear was a pair of doc martins, jeans and a Lewis leathers jacket... All year round.....( with a pair of council waterproof trousers stolen off your dad)

A fiver!!! That was a weeks wages in the midlands.

Loads of factory girls though :D

I suppose we'd better get back to the survivor chop...

I had an Alpha 4-1 pipe on a GS550. I eventually bought a Motad Neta 4-1 for it. Racey as you like I thought with a gold coloured end can.

Back
Top Bottom