"Every Day" Waterproof Trousers

Deletedmemberjdcxxx

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Bit of a tough one, but can anyone recommend a pair of every day motorbike trousers that I can ride to, and wear at work? I'd prefer goretex / textile with armour but they need to be reasonably smart for my job. I'm an electrician by trade and now work as an electrical clerk of works for a housing association. I don't have to wear a tie so if you imagine a shirt, chino type trousers and toetector boots that's my "look." (I've never called it that before!!!)

Plain is good so I don't want coloured patches and lots of zips / buckles etc. Just something "every day"

Cheers,

John.

Why wear out goretex bike trousers in work? Buy a cheap pair of chinos in Gap or someplace and change when you get there.

Hi Damien,

That's what I do now, but my work means that I'm out visiting sites several times a a day and I work between two offices. So on a rainy day like today that's a lot of changes.

Cheers

John

Hi Gaz,

I love the look of Klim gear, (these trousers too,) they're a bit too pricey right now but I know where to come in future.

Regards,

John

They are nice looking but too expensive for me. I seem to remember someone doing water proof dragging jeans? But why not jeans of that ilk and wear water proofs when required? JJH ps the other ones look the biz though if only

R.A.F. Blue Goretex over trousers, top quality ones are £30 and quite smart looking.

Thanks I did a search too but I don't like e bay. Just thought you might know somewhere that you could recommend. JJH

Hi Guys,

Bit of a tough one, but can anyone recommend a pair of every day motorbike trousers that I can ride to, and wear at work? I'd prefer goretex / textile with armour but they need to be reasonably smart for my job. I'm an electrician by trade and now work as an electrical clerk of works for a housing association. I don't have to wear a tie so if you imagine a shirt, chino type trousers and toetector boots that's my "look." (I've never called it that before!!!)

Plain is good so I don't want coloured patches and lots of zips / buckles etc. Just something "every day"

Cheers,

John.

Found them!!!

£33 at Go Outdoors. These are Craghoppers Steall Waterproof Trousers, I don't think they'd survive a serious downpour, but good enough for everyday use!

Attachments

• Craghoppers Steall.jpg
    Craghoppers Steall.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 277
Not really every day???

Not at all - they (and similar) are designed to wear over the top of ordinary clothes and will usually have a long diagonal zip that runs down the body and leg which means they are very easy and quick to get in and out of :)

Andres

The huge diagonal zip is fine for non bike clothing but every bike over suit I've had (or used) with long zip has leaked at the leg fold. Easy to get into but a wet leg isn't fun. :-(

I can't see why you would want to spend all day at work in goretex bike trousers? Why not wear some dragin jeans or the like and have a pair of £30 army surplus goretex overtrousers stuffed somewhere for when yer need 'em ??

Seems a way to spend more money than needed as the expensive bike trousers will wear prematurely.

When I commuted on the bike I wore a pair of oversize Swift trousers over the top of my day clothes. I could get them on/off without removing boots so easily done in a car park if necessary, in a moment.

Think Hood do a pair of kevlar jeans that are designed to look OK in a work situation. Not waterproof though.

Back
Top Bottom