Brake Fluid Replacement

The price of brake fluid makes this a sill argument
It's so cheap and easy to do why not do it ? I did mine last week the old fashioned way with tube off the nipples and just flushed it all through ! Might have used more dot 4 than a dealers fancy equipment but it's cheap ? Clutch fluid on the other hand is bloody expensive

Brake Fluid

I have 3 1100 variants and change the brake fluid every year, just completed the task for another year have always done this.

Might be over the top for some but it is an easy task, I use a tube with a valve at one end that stops air entering the system and have found this to be better than some of the more expensive kit that draws the fluid out by vacum.

Well if there was ever a valid reason why I hardly bother with this site anymore it's due to half of the rubbish posted in this thread about changing brake fluid. To the guys that change their fluid regularly well done. You obviously value your life. To the ones that don't and think everyone's talking crap or wanting to rob them blind get over yourselves. You clearly know nothing other than how to spout absolute rubbish.

Well if there was ever a valid reason why I hardly bother with this site anymore it's due to half of the rubbish posted in this thread about changing brake fluid. To the guys that change their fluid regularly well done. You obviously value your life. To the ones that don't and think everyone's talking crap or wanting to rob them blind get over yourselves. You clearly know nothing other than how to spout absolute rubbish.

That just about covers it......

Sent using witchcraft

I have had my 1200 GSA for three years, It went in for a service, i was then called to say the brake fluid needs changing that would cost an extra £96 i couldn't believe it. The cost of the service already cost more than my fiesta and that included all the brakes done plugs oil and filters!!

When i started reading this thread I was fully with the side not believeing it needs to be changed so often. however i have now been swayed looking at the videos to change it every two years.

My bike is a 2007 with a servo so i need a stent funnel to bleed the ABS system. I bought a funnel and a service DVD off tinternet so i can do the job myself.

I have to say though the fluid in the bike is about 2 years and i did recently go down some alpine passses with no issues at all and i have done 13,000 since the service.

I have had my 1200 GSA for three years, It went in for a service, i was then called to say the brake fluid needs changing that would cost an extra £96 i couldn't believe it. The cost of the service already cost more than my fiesta and that included all the brakes done plugs oil and filters!!

When i started reading this thread I was fully with the side not believeing it needs to be changed so often. however i have now been swayed looking at the videos to change it every two years.

My bike is a 2007 with a servo so i need a stent funnel to bleed the ABS system. I bought a funnel and a service DVD off tinternet so i can do the job myself.

I have to say though the fluid in the bike is about 2 years and i did recently go down some alpine passses with no issues at all and i have done 13,000 since the service.

Changing brake fluid should be done as preventative maintenance. Its not really the thing you want to be doing as reactive maintenance as by then it could all be too late.

Back
Top Bottom