1974 PUCH MS D

The smudger

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Well,

Saw this yesterday http://ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php?361690-Restoration-project-Puch-MS50-D and thought, why not?

Had a nice drive up the Fosse-way in the wife's Mercedes (dont think i want to sell it now :cool:) to collect this little beauty from Bryn. The boot on the Mercedes is huge, it swallowed up the little ped easily.We had a cuppa thanks to Bryn's better half then done a bit of 'man talk' in the garage, before loading it up.

I did say to Bryn before I left that I would like to get it running before I go to bed tonight, maybe not a wise statement as it has been 4 years since it last ran....

Got home safely, although the little bugger had a 'bike wee' in the back, a little bit of gearbox oil seeped out, good job I have a bit of old lino in the back...

So, to work. First thing was added some fuel and oil, did approximately a 25:1 mix, thought that would be about right, i didn't want to run it for long anyway. Did it start? did it buggery...

So, remove plug and check for spark, seemed to be OK, nice blue spark, so re-fit plug and give it another pedal up, and...Yes!

Click on the picture below to view video in Photobucket...

It started and to be honest, sounded as sweet as a sweet thing!!!! All gears, clutch and brakes work fine!

I will start on the clean up next weekend, but will sleep well tonight. The bike is now resting up in the garage...

Steve.

Well done Steve! What a cracking little bike!

Fuel on, kick once. Igntion on, kick again and it will start. Pretty much anything else will flood the engine. BSA Bantam, MZ and any other based on the DKW design are much the same.

Fuel on, kick once. Igntion on, kick again and it will start. Pretty much anything else will flood the engine. BSA Bantam, MZ and any other based on the DKW design are much the same.

It's so old there's no ignition to turn on :thumb2

Puch

Hi, got one the same in my garage. It has the very small cream panniers on it as well. hilarious to ride.

Hi, got one the same in my garage. It has the very small cream panniers on it as well. hilarious to ride.

Hi Glenn, i'm after a pair of those panniers, going to Bristol classic bike show at Shepton this weekend, might find some...

I owned one of these in 1983. My very first 2 wheeler and it did indeed come with little panniers.

Back
Top Bottom