Hot and Dusty in Mali

Tiffany

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
We got the Mali visas in Dakar and have been on the road for the last 4 days

The first 80 miles in Mali- from Kayes (for those of you with an atlas) were bloody hard, it took us 24 hours. Hopefully the photos will do some of it justice as we had to scale some rock faces (I kid you not) and there was a particularly memorable moment when Ethel and I were in mid-air halfway up one rock face;

We are now in Bamako (the capital) and have been promised tarmac for the next 500 kms which will be a relief after the dust, sand and rock we have been on.

The running tally at the moiment is Germany -5,England -6...... that is for the number of times we have each fallen, I have got 3 indicators attached with duck tape!

I have got dust everywhere, more sand ahead
:beerjug:

AndyT said:
I must have missed the threads at the start of your trip...Where are you off to??? CApeTown maybe??

Enjoy where ever it is.

AndyT:cool:

Timbuctoo, Andy, our Tiff's on her way to Timbuctoo for the music festival.

Keep it shiny side up Tiff.......Wish I was out there with you ;) :D

Tiffany C said:
We got the Mali visas in Dakar and have been on the road for the last 4 days

The first 80 miles in Mali- from Kayes (for those of you with an atlas) were bloody hard, it took us 24 hours. Hopefully the photos will do some of it justice as we had to scale some rock faces (I kid you not) and there was a particularly memorable moment when Ethel and I were in mid-air halfway up one rock face;

We are now in Bamako (the capital) and have been promised tarmac for the next 500 kms which will be a relief after the dust, sand and rock we have been on.

The running tally at the moiment is Germany -5,England -6...... that is for the number of times we have each fallen, I have got 3 indicators attached with duck tape!

I have got dust everywhere, more sand ahead
:beerjug:

Is the headlight still holding on with Clive's wire-hanger??
Stay well!
B

Fanum said:
Timbuctoo, Andy, our Tiff's on her way to Timbuctoo for the music festival.

Keep it shiny side up Tiff.......Wish I was out there with you ;) :D
Timbuctoo - you just have to admire the girl. I wish sometimes i didn't have such ties and could go off with no strict time to return. 20 years to retirement yet...:(

Have Fun

AndyT

Back
Top Bottom