Sidi Crossfire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turkish

Reaction score
Thinking of buying a new pair of boots and wanted opinions on the Sidi Crossfires. Done some research and I'm just concerned that I'll have trouble with flexibility when trying to change gear.

I'm new to the GS world and haven't owned my bike that long. First real trip to Normandy planned for June and would like a pair of boots that will give me the protection as well as being comfortable when off the bike.

Would the Crossfires be overkill and is there a better alternative. Currently have a very tight pair of Sidi Vertigo (size 44) which will be put up for sale once I've made a decision.

Many thanks :confused:

I use Sidi Crossfires on several bikes including a GS, it probably depends on how used you are to wearing boots like these, I find them comfortable off the bike but again that's possibly because they get worn a lot.

Great boots, but they squeek like a mouse in a trap for quite a while as you walk around until they are broken in.
WD40 fixed that and then they wore in nicely. Now really comfortable to walk in as well as ride. You may need to raise your gear lever a notch or two to get the toe underneath but you can also change nicely with the edge of the sole.

Very comfortable and just about bullet proof. Gives you a nice secure feeling as the bike falls on top of them......ask me how I know!

Replacement soles available on ebay.

Sean

Thanks for the replies guys. I think I've convinced myself, just didn't want to blow a load of cash. I've always used race Sidi boots, and they used to squeek too :)

I recently bought a pair of Sidi Crossfire 2 for laning/enduro riding; magnificently comfortable, great protection and got a superb bargain @ Ghost Bikes online. Price has crept up a bit now but still worth a look....:D

My Crossfires have been great, though not done much road work with them as no tesco near my house!;)

The only thing to consider is buying a little bigger.

Cheers bhud, I've ordered the next size up. Still waiting for delivery :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom