Bitubo vs the others

Antti

Reaction score
I`m looking for new shocks for my R1100GS and got a pretty good offer for Bitubos.
Rear would be with external reservoir and hydraulic preload adjustment.
Front just a regular emulsion type shock.

I don`t have any experience on Bitubos. However I have had Technoflex on R100GS,
Wilbers on Africatwin, Öhlins at the moment on XChallenge. I have had WP`s and sevevar Öhlins
shocks on endurobikes.

Any toughts on Bitubos and how they work compared to these other products
in ADV type of use?

I did buy set of Bitubos as I got very good pricing. Rear shock has hydraulic preload setting and external reservoir and dampping settings for both directions. Front one just preload and rebound settings.

I fitted them yesterday and drove some 100 km route. What a difference! In manual they advice to set free sag to 20 -25 mm in both ends. I did set rear to 25 mm and front to 30 mm and after few adjustment stops had sampling settings quite good too. Now I have suspensions wich is quite soft, eats potholes etc lanes on gravel quite fine but still keeps bike steady. I drive a lot gravel and most suspensions feel too hard on it. I like this! I have had Öhlins, Wilbers, Technoflex and Wp on my other bikes and could say that Bitubo feels good competitor for those.

temporary_zps3fc12508.jpg

temporary_zpsc852963c.jpg

My monologue goes on.. :)

Meanwhile rear shock has been serviced once. It was after i had cooked it at Lapland. I got lost to hiking routes with all camping luggages on and that was enough for original oils :)

Front is at service at the moment, seal is just a bit wet. Not leaking yet tough.

However i've been pretty satisfied with these specially if i think how they've been used.

Back
Top Bottom