2014 NC750X DCT Test Ride

Quick scan thru this thread suggests various folks were buying (or had just bought) an NC750, but a year on and all has gone quiet. Any updates / further reviews either with the std or improved suspensions? Anyone?

By the way the face lifted NC750 is in dealers now, saw one a couple of weeks ago and apparently the big H has been listening to customers feedback and made some changes. Got a new arse end which is sleeker and neater, slightly larger tank bin so you can get a proper helmet in if your not a pinhead and the dash is now raised as peeps were complaining they could not see it with a satnav fitted on the bars, maybe a few other bits :nenau
I will be test riding the DCT ver. when the weather drys out.

Hey BigDen can you report back once you've tried it? My (clutch) fingers don't bend too well these days so DCT is of interest to me.

Quick scan thru this thread suggests various folks were buying (or had just bought) an NC750, but a year on and all has gone quiet. Any updates / further reviews either with the std or improved suspensions? Anyone?

Still got mine. It does exactly what it says on the tin and as a general work horse you'd be hard pushed to beat one. I wouldn't want one as an only bike though.

Dct is superb. Mpg is outstanding. Lots of comments about performance but I've never found it an issue. The bike will sit at 85-90 all day and still give 70+ mpg. Standard suspension is appalling.

Thinking of selling mine after 14 months just because I want to free up some space and cut down on the vehicles I own.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 853
so glad this thread has come back up..i have been researching this 750 for a couple of weeks and will be riding one over easter with a view to buying it…..im keep my RT lc and will use this for the odd sunday blast and commuting…..just not sure wether to go for the normal or the auto DCT one

Still got mine. It does exactly what it says on the tin and as a general work horse you'd be hard pushed to beat one. I wouldn't want one as an only bike though.

Dct is superb. Mpg is outstanding. Lots of comments about performance but I've never found it an issue. The bike will sit at 85-90 all day and still give 70+ mpg. Standard suspension is appalling.

Thinking of selling mine after 14 months just because I want to free up some space and cut down on the vehicles I own.

Rob, just curious, did you sell your DCT , (14 months is a good innings for me) did you get a good return on it, or did you change your mind and decide to hang on to it a little longer?

Hey BigDen can you report back once you've tried it? My (clutch) fingers don't bend too well these days so DCT is of interest to me.
Well tried DCT a few wks ago and thought it was ok, because of the earthquake issues dealer couldn't get one for a while so bought the new blue manual he had in showroom,
going in for 1st service tomorrow and its been great for the 75mile commute to new job.

Rob, just curious, did you sell your DCT , (14 months is a good innings for me) did you get a good return on it, or did you change your mind and decide to hang on to it a little longer?

Ok, forget this question, I bumped my head and don't remember fuck all about it!

Jayc,

I missed your original question.

I've still got the nc and never did get round to advertising it. If you want one then drop me a line. Mines done just over 4K, serviced by Honda last week (services at 8k or annually)

Interested to read this thread
I went to look at a dct 750 last week , I have a 530 T Max and a WC GSA
The salesman said that the Honda was a bit of each of them , and which one was I looking to replace
I loved the idea of the DCT but sitting on it it felt very small and you were really in the elements
The T Max gives great protection and is properly fast for a scoot , with perhaps just a little less power than the DCT .It seems to be aimed at the same market , though there are those who would not be seen dead on a scooter .
I liked it but not enough to change yet , liked the vultus DCT that was there though :thumby:

The integra is the one that properly sits between a scooter and a bike . However, it seems to be neither one nor the other and as a result doesn't sell well.

The Vultus is the sort of crazy thing Honda likes to do , because it can, every now and then . Fab looking thing but pricey :thumb

I quite liked the DN01 and was hoping they'd get really cheap but they haven't , possibly because there aren't that many on the road? Prices seem to have plateaud now and will probably rise in the future. Expect the same for the Vultus.

Interested to read this thread I went to look at a dct 750 last week , I have a 530 T Max and a WC GSA The salesman said that the Honda was a bit of each of them , and which one was I looking to replace I loved the idea of the DCT but sitting on it it felt very small and you were really in the elements The T Max gives great protection and is properly fast for a scoot , with perhaps just a little less power than the DCT .It seems to be aimed at the same market , though there are those who would not be seen dead on a scooter .I liked it but not enough to change yet , liked the vultus DCT that was there though :thumby:
The latest nc seems to be a lot smaller than last years but they have put better suspension on it and a deeper sounding exhaust. The frunk (storage area in false tank) has luggage points now and is no longer susceptible to scratched paint.I like mine. It sits in the back of the garage for weeks at a time but fires straight up when needed. Costs next to nothing to run and is perhaps, in its own strange way, all things to everybody and reminds me of my first 250/350 Hondas in the late 70's. It also feels like a buell cyclone, an airhead gs and bizarrely has been mistaken for a Ducati twice...more importantly nobody has messed with it when it's been parked in towns or city centres.David nimrod tried to keep up with it on his 1000rt. "It goes like f&ck" was his comment when we stopped so I guess it's fine.

Love the comfort, protection from the elements and size of my ‘sorted’ 1200gs but now need something easier to manoeuvre, park etc (it’s an age thing). Does the latest ncx750 sort of meet that spec, or could be easily adapted eg larger screen, comfort seat etc to meet spec. Performance not an issue for me. Also has anyone ridden their ncx two up any distance (missus is fairly petite but needs her comfort even more than me!). Appreciate it’s all a bit subjective but trying to get a bit informed before taking a test ride. Rob mentions new ncx feels smaller??? Thks

I bought mine as a runaround to save wear and tear on my airheads. The nc is the closest modern equivalent to an airhead I could find.No idea on passenger comfort as I haven't taken anybody on the back of mine. The passenger seat is pretty thin though. The screen works well, the mounts can be inverted to raise the screen slightly. Mine is fine at 90 with an open face helmet.According to Hondas bumf, they designed the nc to meet 90% of a bikers needs. that missing 10% is balls out performance so if you like to set your soul free on occasion and let rip it ain't going to happen with an nc.

Well 1400 miles up and with the only exception being the overtake missing grunt and brakes a bit weak I love it, handles, enough go to be entertaining, ave 78mpg, light , easy to ride, decent suspenders and does the job. Well chuffed as its spot on for the job I bought it for. I even used it for a ride out as I couldn't get me tracer past the monster taking up half the garage.

Keep an eye on your tyres. Tyres have been a big issues with the NC. Most have worn out in less than 2k. Its been such an issue Honda have been replacing them under warranty.

Apparently the standard figment tyres are single compound and don't have a particularly deep tread from the start. They are clearly budget tyres produced for new bikes.

Mine were swapped foc by Honda at 2k other riders have had there's done is as little as 1.2k

As soon as you fit proper tyres they appear to be lasting between 10 and 15k

Back
Top Bottom