Husky TE449 - any issues

AndyT

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I've seen a Husky 449 for sale over here with what the owner says is the last of the models with the BMW engine. Is this the same engine from the GX450 as I seem to recall that was a bit of a rogue with fuelling issues. This bike seems a great price and only 600 miles on the clock but I don't want to buy it if its a lemon.... any thoughts

Many thanks

AndyT:thumb

................. have you considered a 630 te ? I believe they are very popular in your part of the world.
John.

Great bikes aren't they John! :thumb

Just like your old 610 Andy, but a little bit better :)

Andres

PS I don't think the 449 uses the old WBM engine but stand to be corrected.

Thanks guys,
I have only seen this one up for sale and it looks a good buy, I was just a little wary of the engine if it was a weak point as dealers a little limited where I am...

Andy:thumb

I have one of the last Italian built te 449s, waiting to be registered in march.

Engine is derived from the g450x, but not the same (has 6 speed box, hydraulic clutch and a torque limiter, plus maybe more differences)

Engines meant to be very good, and efi refined on later models. 2 power modes, some say lower mode is a little weak, but yet to ride mine to confirm yet.

As above, loads of info and potential mods on cafehusky.com

Mine will be used for trail riding, so planning on keeping it fairly stock.

As an aside, the new Ccm 450 adventure uses the original g450x engine, 5k service interval if kept in low power mode.

Enjoy!

Thanks for that... I'm off to Canada in the morning for a few days and will give it a look when I get back if its still available as the price is spot on and its like new. Just bought a road toy today now need an offroad one :)

I've now been out for a couple of shortish trail rides on mine now, showing a total of 100 miles no less!

Thoughts.
1. Love it.
2. Engine is far more my style than the 310 I had. Lower revving, more low down grunt.
3. Put a throttle cam on to tame it a little, as very responsive.
4. KGB suspension is good, but still a little tight and will be for some time if my 310 was anything to go by.
5. Did 58 miles on 7.5l! It's in power up mode but I was running it in. Will try in power down mode next as I was expecting more.
6. Need haul loop on rear - though grip under seat would do but I want more options here.
7. Love it!

I've got a '10 plate G450X, had it from new, over 3500 miles, never had any problems, always run in high power mode.
Just be sure to use very high quality oil and change it and the filter every 10 hours or less. It only holds 1 litre and has a lot of hard work to do.
Apparently the Huskys are even better. The G450X really needs the 6 speed box IMO.
I don't think you need to worry about the engine as long as you look after it.

Mate an I (plus others) just did 12 hr trail ride on ours today incl ruts, water, climbs, descents and road. Fantastic machines. Think its about the best trail bike I've had.

Not racing it mind.

Back
Top Bottom