Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Classic Camping weekend now moved to Ilfracombe

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Reynolds View Post
    After seeing so many people having to drop out, how many are there still coming to this here soirée?
    I haven't got a clue how many will eventually turn up but the weather forecast for Thur/Fri/Sat/Sun is dry and sunny so those who do arrive will have a good weekend in a great part of the world.

What a waste. Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Sorry Andy, i can't make it.
    Left it as long as possible but i can't ride/drive for more than 30 minutes due to sciatica. Hoped it would start to get better after a month but no luck.
    Drove to rob farmers 10 days ago and couldn't move for a few hours by the time i got back.

All your BMW servicing needs at the .gsshop.biz, including 1200 models

Recommended as an "excellent independant" in Ride magazine 2009.

Old boiled sweet Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Steptoe View Post
    Left it as long as possible but i can't ride/drive for more than 30 minutes due to sciatica. Hoped it would start to get better after a month but no luck.
    Drove to rob farmers 10 days ago and couldn't move for a few hours by the time i got back.

Sorry to hear about that Neil and I hope it improves soon. Paula suffered from sciatica for over ten years. In the end she had cortisone injections into her spine. That seemed to do the trick.
    Every day I wake up is a good day.

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Blog Entries

Oh Myyyyy

Could not believe this! Just where the hell are you sending us???
    http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_R...n_England.html

25 Mar 1949 - 10 Nov 2016 Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    What day you going Att??
    Barb needs a Wendy chat !!
    I've got the Rum

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Proff View Post
    What day you going Att??
    I've got the Rum
    Hopefully arrive 4 ish on Thursday and be leaving Sunday morn
    Be good to see y`all

Barb is clearly a masochist

Called up to campsite today and very impressed. Apparently, I just missed Devon as he'd been there before me.

Staff on site were very helpful and pleasant. Site is immaculately clean and everything looks new. We spoke to a few other campers there and they were all full of praise for the site.

In the centre is a lake with carp fishing available. We walked around it and saw several large carp just below the surface and hundreds of small coarse fish. I'm going to dig out my fishing gear and will definitely spend Friday pm alongside the lake. They do hire out tackle if anyone else wants to join me.

Really looking forward to this now, should be a great weekend.

Is there any group food or do we do our own thing? There is a good pub within walking/staggering distance.

Quote Originally Posted by Steptoe View Post

That's a shame Neil. Sciatica is a bar steward, I hope you get rid of it soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Proff View Post
    What day you going Att??
    I've got the Rum
    We've still got the birthday card to give Babs.

If you're bringing rum, I'd better bring a bottle (or two) of the finest Calvados.

This really will be a great weekend.

Might try to get there Thursday night.

Quote Originally Posted by att View Post
    Could not believe this! Just where the hell are you sending us???
    http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_R...n_England.html

Fear not att, we don't have to mingle with the great unwashed; the site owner is a biker himself and he has kept a corner of the site clear just for our lot Nice big plots all with electric and each pitch is £15 a night which is a good deal

Name:  cam3.jpg
Views: 107
Size:  79.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Crapaud View Post
    Called up to campsite today and very impressed. Apparently, I just missed Devon as he'd been there before me.

Staff on site were very helpful and pleasant. Site is immaculately clean and everything looks new. We spoke to a few other campers there and they were all full of praise for the site.

In the centre is a lake with carp fishing available. We walked around it and saw several large carp just below the surface and hundreds of small coarse fish. I'm going to dig out my fishing gear and will definitely spend Friday pm alongside the lake. They do hire out tackle if anyone else wants to join me.

Really looking forward to this now, should be a great weekend.

Is there any group food or do we do our own thing? There is a good pub within walking/staggering distance.
    It was the first time I have been down to the site since I reserved the places. It looked great. It is a shame Andy and Paula have had such a bad time with their place and the flooding but as an alternative I reckon the campsite is great.
    I expect to get there Friday early afternoon.

edit
    Nothing is organised for food as we were not sure how many people could make the new location. I reckon BBQs will be the best bet considering the good weather forecast.

Old boiled sweet Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Crapaud View Post
    I'm still happy to do some group food for both nights provided I know numbers within the next couple of days.

One night I would propose a Chicken Pad Thai with prawn crackers. The other night would be a Thai chilli beef with holy basil and served with crusty bread. Cost will be £4.00 per meal with any profits going to charity.

Please let me know if you're in.
    Every day I wake up is a good day.

Oh Yes.... Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbug View Post
    I'm still happy to do some group food for both nights provided I know numbers within the next couple of days.

One night I would propose a Chicken Pad Thai with prawn crackers. The other night would be a Thai chilli beef with holy basil and served with crusty bread. Cost will be £4.00 per meal with any profits going to charity.

Please let me know if you're in.
    Fri /sat meal (if you can make mine less spicey as b4)xxx
    Perfekt ist nicht gut genug.

UKGSER-A place where I've wasted so much time, learned so much, laughed a lot and cried a few times.

Every bed of roses has pricks in it!

Stay Frosty Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Food - sounds good to me. 2 of us in please
    Ready To >> Rest

Andy, so sorry, I have to drop out too. Got a family crisis with my eldest daughter to try and sort out so I can't be that far away. Hope you all have a great time and the weather is kind to you,

I'm in for the food please, as long as the chilli is mild!

Sounds like there's a lot of tin tents going to this. So how many motorcycles will be there?

Blog Entries

Weather!!!!

Click here to find out how to remove these ads

Perfect conditions for the whole weekend

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast