FJ1200

no but i did have and much preferred it to the newer 1300. i found it lighter lower and more fun to ride. without doubt one of the best cheap distance bikes and a nice one is sell just as capable today. mine was rough and only cost me £500 but was brilliant in the snow at the dragon rally a few years ago :D
what one have you got ?:thumb

no but i did have and much preferred it to the newer 1300. i found it lighter lower and more fun to ride. without doubt one of the best cheap distance bikes and a nice one is sell just as capable today. mine was rough and only cost me £500 but was brilliant in the snow at the dragon rally a few years ago :D
what one have you got ?:thumb

I´m new on this forum and I have one in top condition with only about 30.000 miles on the clock. it´s a 1992 ABS. I agree wholeheartedly with peeping tom, it´s a great bike and much preferred to the FJR1300.

Fabulous bike, TIV.

After ownership of no less than 5 FJs' over the years, from rat to streetfighter to mint standard, it is the one bike that has left an indelible mark on my biking history. The one bike that I know, should the right one come along again, I would be prepared to make it mine, should the circs permit.

There are plenty of high miler scruffs out there but every so often a very nice low miler turns up.

3 of the 5 in reverse order.

Attachments

• Pict1136.jpg
    Pict1136.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 861
  • FJ11.JPG
    FJ11.JPG
    120.8 KB · Views: 577
  • FJ12 Streetfighter.JPG
    FJ12 Streetfighter.JPG
    107 KB · Views: 543
The FJ has eluded me so far. I had an FJR but found that the Diversion 900 did more or less the same job and was much easier to man-handle.

I guess that the FJ is more powerful than the Divvy, but with a chain. Are these the main differences?

I don´t know the Diversion 900 but the big difference between The FJR1300 and The FJ1200 is that the FJR1300 has a fuel injection and a driveshaft whereas the FJ1200 has four Mikuni carbs and a chain. The 1300 has around 150 HP and weights about 270 kg (dry) I think. The older FJ1200 has 130 HP and weights 250 kg (dry).

I may be biased in my opinion because I´m a carburator/low tech/ old timer, but I like the FJ1200 better. It´s a fantastic bike with tons of character, power and torque. The carburettors on mine have been re-jetted and has a four-into-one exhaust from Vance and Hines which is supposed to give it few more HP. The FJ1200 is really one of the milestones in the motorcycling history.

Last edited:
I have the FJ1200 still, sold my 900 Divvy. Although it was a great reliable bike, it didn't have the fun factor of the FJ. Dash is identical, fuel consumption was better on the Divvy, until I changed the gearing on the FJ.

Back
Top Bottom